Windows 10: Selective updates for Windows 10

Discus and support Selective updates for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This evening a popup has popped up a few times saying that shortly ( ~ 15 minutes) it will update Windows, or I can choose to do it now or wait longer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matrim91, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Matrim91 Win User

Selective updates for Windows 10

This evening a popup has popped up a few times saying that shortly ( ~ 15 minutes) it will update Windows, or I can choose to do it now or wait longer. So I answer OK, expecting it to proceed as described. Nothing happens and in another hour or so it comes back again with the ~ same message. Is that normal? Is it Msoft or malware?

:)

Matrim91, Aug 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 14, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 14, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Selective updates for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Selective updates

2. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  3. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  4. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?: I cannot seem to selet the right file. I upgraded my MB, RAM and cpu. The business i bought it from fixed the bios settings for me to be able to use a 13th gen cpu. But now at home I cannot get pas the advanced mode. When I want to exit it says please select the same file to...
  6. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?: I cannot seem to selet the right file. I upgraded my MB, RAM and cpu. The business i bought it from fixed the bios settings for me to be able to use a 13th gen cpu. But now at home I cannot get pas the advanced mode. When I want to exit it says please select the same file to...
  7. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...: Hello, I have been dealing with VPN errors that persist across new OS installs and so seem to have to do with Windows 11 updates the PC is receiving. It is an IKEv2-only VPN with the native Windows client. Upon a new Windows 11 Pro installation from bootable media made with...
  9. Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...

Persistent errors with certificate hash algorithm selection on IKEv2 VPN with updated...: Hello, I have been dealing with VPN errors that persist across new OS installs and so seem to have to do with Windows 11 updates the PC is receiving. It is an IKEv2-only VPN with the native Windows client. Upon a new Windows 11 Pro installation from bootable media made with...
  10. My widget icon and the selection in settings are gone after the latest Dev channel update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My widget icon and the selection in settings are gone after the latest Dev channel update: After the most recent update from the Dev Channel Update Stack Package - Version 1101.2302.18011.3, the widget icon on my taskbar disappeared. I went into Settings. Personalization, Taskbar, and "Widget' is not available selections. Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. selective installation windows 10 updates

2. selective windows updates

3. windows 10 update selective