Windows 10: Selective Websites stopped working...

Discus and support Selective Websites stopped working... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, After the recent Windows update, some of the websites seem to be unreachable all of a sudden. E.g. http://www.themoviedb.org/ can't be reached.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prabhu23057, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Selective Websites stopped working...

Hello,

After the recent Windows update, some of the websites seem to be unreachable all of a sudden. E.g. http://www.themoviedb.org/ can't be reached. Things I have tried so far:

1. Most sites (e.g. this Microsoft site) work fine
    2. Accessing the site that doesn't work on Windows 10 from a different system (e.g. Android) on the same network, works fine - so it's not an issue at network level
    3. Checked Firewall settings, nothing unusual found
    4. Disabled Firewall and I still see the same issue
    5. Checked network settings, nothing unusual
    6. Tried different browsers, same issue

Windows 10 version 1803, Build 17134.590

I am stumped, not sure why only few websites are blocked. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue?

-prabhu

:)

Prabhu23057, Feb 22, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    stopped working

Thank your for posting back, we already think that it was the graphic card driver. We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your graphic card driver and visit the manufacturer's website to check the latest driver of your graphic card.

We suggest that you follow this step on how to uninstall and reinstall driver:

• Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Selective Websites stopped working...

DVD player stopped working

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• What do you refer by ‘DVD player stopped working’?

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Selective Websites stopped working...

1. Selective Websites stopped working... - Similar Threads - Selective Websites stopped

2. Some websites are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some websites are not working: Hi, i have a problem, 2 days ago i changed back my windwos from 11 to 10 and i can t acces some websites like yahoo mail, and another webistes I tired some things but nothing is working, can someone help me with this?...
  3. Saving cookies for selected websites.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving cookies for selected websites.: Every time I reboot this computer, I have to reenter my password for OneDrive and Microsoft Office. I have gone to settings in the Microsoft Edge browser and added these sites, including NavyFederal.org, but the cookies still get erased when I reboot. Please tell me what I am...
  4. Apps for Websites not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps for Websites not working: Updated to Win 10 Version 2004 19041.388. Apps for websites aren't working properly. Clicking a link in an e-mail for Twitter repeatedly bring up the "How do you want to open this?" dialog. Example: Control Panel - Apps for Websites shows links for t\Twitter should be...
  5. website not working

website not working: hi there, my website is not working i was wondering if it is due to my windows or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-not-working/c79043bf-82eb-4914-8693-6e337a02da28
  6. Mic stops working completely after selecting it as default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic stops working completely after selecting it as default: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JamesBeYeezy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9pnjy/mic_stops_working_completely_after_selecting_it/
  7. How to stop selection by hovering

How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72
  8. Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working

Shift + Arrow Keys to select functionality stopped working: Hello, I've recently lost the ability to select text or cells by holding shift key and using arrow keys to highlight/select. I've checked scroll lock, sticky keys and restarted a number of times. My shift and arrow keys work fine independently. Control + Arrow keys are...
  9. Mouse selection stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse selection stops: If I try and make a selection using the mouse, it works for up to about 10 seconds and then it is as if I had released the mouse button. I have stopped every application running, but it still stops after a short period. I use Photoshop a lot, and it is very frustrating....
  10. How to write a caption on 'Pin to Start' selected websites.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to write a caption on 'Pin to Start' selected websites.: On Win8.1 I could type out a caption for Start screen websites I pinned to the Start screen. With W10 it appears I can only click on the ... in the top right corner of the site select 'Pin to Start' but have no control over the title of the caption. I know I can save them to...