Windows 10: Selectively blocking Windows update assets

Discus and support Selectively blocking Windows update assets in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Realtek High Definition Audio driver is causing problems in my sound setup. Either by completely disabling the sound or by messing up the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joel LXVIINogueira, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Selectively blocking Windows update assets

The Realtek High Definition Audio driver is causing problems in my sound setup. Either by completely disabling the sound or by messing up the sound quality. I want it OUT of my rig. Problem is, everytime I restart the OS the auto updater re-installs it. Tried wushowhide already with no avail, despite being in the hide list somehow the updater reinstalls it and takes it out of the hide list.

Really feels like malware. Disables or breaks an essential system in my computer and getting rid of it by conventional methods is innefective.

:)

Joel LXVIINogueira, Oct 14, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 14, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Selectively blocking Windows update assets

No contacts after window phone 10 update

Hi Connie,

To add contacts from your email account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• From Start
      Selectively blocking Windows update assets 28777_en_1.png
      , select
      People.

• Select More , and then select Settings.

• Select Add an account.

• Choose the type of account you want to add, or select Advanced setup if you want to add something other than what's listed.

Selectively blocking Windows update assets 15512_en_3.png

• Enter the sign-in info for the account you want to add.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Selectively blocking Windows update assets

1. Selectively blocking Windows update assets - Similar Threads - Selectively blocking update

2. Assets folder for Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assets folder for Windows Spotlight: Hello, I was having issues with windows and windows spotlight was one of the problems. I noticed that in this folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets,there would be 6 files downloaded each day...
  3. Assets folder for Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assets folder for Windows Spotlight: Hello, I was having issues with windows and windows spotlight was one of the problems. I noticed that in this folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets,there would be 6 files downloaded each day...
  4. Windows Spotlight: Assets Random and Replacement roaming.lock

Windows Spotlight: Assets Random and Replacement roaming.lock: To keep it brief: Windows Spotlight wasn't alternating photos every few days like it should just re[eatedly showing the same one.So I manually reset Spotlight by cleaning out the assets Method 2 in this article....
  5. Clipchamp locate asset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp locate asset.: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 11. I used OBS Studio to make a video for a school project Because why not? about the Industrial Revolution. I was editing my swearing in the video on Clipchamp when I had to leave my grandma's house because I decided to stay over for Memorial...
  6. Clipchamp locate asset.

Clipchamp locate asset.: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 11. I used OBS Studio to make a video for a school project Because why not? about the Industrial Revolution. I was editing my swearing in the video on Clipchamp when I had to leave my grandma's house because I decided to stay over for Memorial...
  7. How to edit windows assets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to edit windows assets: I have windows 10, and I am trying to make it look like windows server 2003 (don't ask why just know that I am) and I am wondering if there is a way to edit the images and animations that windows uses. Specifically I want to change the loading animation (that little spinning...
  8. no images in assets folder (windows spotlight)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no images in assets folder (windows spotlight): hi, for weeks now, the assets folder (windows spotlight), has no any image, i tried to reset it with powershell, but nothing. it doesn't download any image, you know why?...
  9. There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder: Hello, I was trying to copy all my spotlight images, but the thing is there was only some logos, animation images, cartoon character pictures...etc. in the assets folder. My spotlight is on and works fine, but somehow system didn't save my spotlight images...
  10. Asset creation for holographic apps

in Windows 10 News
    Asset creation for holographic apps: We’re now a week into the Share Your Idea and the community has suggested over 3,000 ideas. Keep the ideas coming, and don’t forget to tell us which ideas are your favorite by voting for ideas (click the star). The ideas that are most likely to be chosen for the voting phase...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 selectively block update