Windows 10: Selectively choosing the columns when using SyncToy 2.1

Discus and support Selectively choosing the columns when using SyncToy 2.1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I may..., I would like to suggest a change to SyncToy 2.1. Could the columns used for the operation be selected? I ask this, because I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesR2156, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Selectively choosing the columns when using SyncToy 2.1

If I may..., I would like to suggest a change to SyncToy 2.1. Could the columns used for the operation be selected? I ask this, because I started using SyncToy to backup my music collection (mp3). Apparently many of my music files, if not all..., possess different last modified dates, and SyncToy 2.1 says it wants to replace them all. I feel that this is un-necessary for a music collection, as the file date doesn't normally change the files content. Unfortunately, it appears the only option available is to individually unselect each listed file. Depending on the size of the file collection, this can consume a sizeable amount of time and compute cycles. So, if it would be possible to adjust the sorting algorithm used, it would save some of us a lot of time and frustration. Just a suggestion!

:)

JamesR2156, Dec 6, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 6, 2019
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Selectively choosing the columns when using SyncToy 2.1

Synctoy

Hi Kevin,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you using a 32bit or 64bit system? On the Start menu, type System, and then hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages before the SyncToy application hangs?
    • Has the SyncToy application in Windows 10 ever worked before?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Selectively choosing the columns when using SyncToy 2.1

1. Selectively choosing the columns when using SyncToy 2.1 - Similar Threads - Selectively choosing columns

2. It used to prompt me to choose the screen either Screen 1 or Screen 2 when I hovered over a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It used to prompt me to choose the screen either Screen 1 or Screen 2 when I hovered over a...: It used to prompt me to choose the screen either Screen 1 or Screen 2 when I hovered over a window. However, this feature is no longer available. How can I re-enable this option in Windows settings?...
  3. It used to prompt me to choose the screen either Screen 1 or Screen 2 when I hovered over a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It used to prompt me to choose the screen either Screen 1 or Screen 2 when I hovered over a...: It used to prompt me to choose the screen either Screen 1 or Screen 2 when I hovered over a window. However, this feature is no longer available. How can I re-enable this option in Windows settings?...
  4. Synctoy

Synctoy: How to download synctoy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/cf793a4b-08c6-4a41-94c9-b7c47234a029
  5. Using wsl 1 and 2 together

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using wsl 1 and 2 together: How to use wsl and wsl 2 distro's side by side ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-wsl-1-and-2-together/96180be4-1850-49d8-a37a-b646af0547fc
  6. SyncToy problems

SyncToy problems: I've recently bought a new PC, running Windows 10, which is up-to-date, version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685). In the past I've used SyncToy to backup files, but I can't get this to install on my new PC. When I try to install SyncToy, I get this message: "This setup requires the...
  7. Only 1 of 2 printer displays as a printer Selection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1 of 2 printer displays as a printer Selection: I have 2 printers on my network however only one is showing as a selection when I want to print for example an email. I can go into setup and successfully send test prints from both printers. I even made the one that won't display my default. But it still won't display....
  8. Choosing columns for files in a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choosing columns for files in a folder: I want to choose the mp3 file columns in all the folders without doing it one at a time for each folderc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choosing-columns-for-files-in-a-folder/4afc9f5a-f8b6-4da4-9f3b-2d22aabf4399"
  9. SyncToy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SyncToy: why is it not working on Windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/f806d2ba-05fa-4d61-a200-bdcec8c97551
  10. SyncToy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SyncToy: Is SyncToy reliable in Win 10? I f so how to run it in the best way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/9ce6c645-16a4-4289-bed1-eda5ae2eecbc