Windows 10: Selectively Delete Cookies

Discus and support Selectively Delete Cookies in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am getting "Access Denied" when I try to get into my Capital One checking account using Internet Explorer 11. Capital One says to use a different... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abredt, Jan 17, 2018.

1. abredt Win User

Selectively Delete Cookies

I am getting "Access Denied" when I try to get into my Capital One checking account using Internet Explorer 11.
    Capital One says to use a different browser or delete cookies.

Can I delete cookies just for that one website?

Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Jan 17, 2018
  2. GaryMcVay Win User

how to view cookies in win10

Can someone tell me how to view cookies , so I can delete only selected cookies, not all cookies

GaryMcVay, Jan 17, 2018
  3. How do I find my cookies folder in windows 10

This method does show the cookies.

But the cookies in Edge are shown only in a code such as " TKLXDZX3.cookie".

Internet explorer showed the cookies with a name such as "doubleclick".

Why do I care? Because I want to delete spy and other cookies while retaining cookies for vendors and banks that I use regularly. With Edge, if the cookies are only displayed in code, it is not possible to selectively delete cookies.

So the real question is now narrowed down to: Is there a way to see Edge cookies in which the user can identify the source of the cookie?

Hamilton C, Jan 17, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

There is an easy way to test if deleting cookies would help in IE11. Open an InPrivate browsing session, this will not use any of your existing cookies. Use Ctrl+Shift+P to open a new InPrivate window.

If that works, then deleting individual cookies in IE is difficult, but not impossible. Other browsers like Firefox let you selectively delete cookies, but for IE and Edge the built-in delete options are 'all or nothing'. For IE you can however open 'Internet options', on the General tab click the Settings button under 'Browsing history' then click 'View files'. This will open File Explorer at IE's INetCache folder. If you are lucky you should be able to recognise the cookies you are looking to delete from their internet address.

Alternatively, if you have CCleaner you can use that to selectively delete cookies across all your browsers at once. Or rather, on it's Options > Cookies page you can select all the cookies you need to keep (TenForums login cookies, for example) then delete all the rest. This is the only way I have found to selectively delete Edge's cookies.

Thema:

1. Selectively Delete Cookies - Similar Threads - Selectively Delete Cookies

2. Protect cookies from being deleted ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protect cookies from being deleted ?: This question has been asked several times but as yet no-one has specifically answered - IS IT POSSIBLE ?All responses to date have essentially been explanations of what they are, but like other enquirors I would like to run clean-up on my private personal pc without having...
  3. Protect cookies from being deleted ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protect cookies from being deleted ?: This question has been asked several times but as yet no-one has specifically answered - IS IT POSSIBLE ?All responses to date have essentially been explanations of what they are, but like other enquirors I would like to run clean-up on my private personal pc without having...
  4. Protect cookies from being deleted ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Saving cookies for selected websites.

Saving cookies for selected websites.: Every time I reboot this computer, I have to reenter my password for OneDrive and Microsoft Office. I have gone to settings in the Microsoft Edge browser and added these sites, including NavyFederal.org, but the cookies still get erased when I reboot. Please tell me what I am...
  6. how do i delete cookies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i delete cookies: How do I delete the cookies on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-cookies/318b4072-95d9-4503-8026-a7469c3c430f"
  7. Windows Updates corrupt/delete cookies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates corrupt/delete cookies: Every time an automatic windows update is installed I find that some (possibly all) of my website cookies have been deleted or at least are no longer effective, so I then spend time looking up customer codes etc just to log back into them. It's extremely annoying, but I...
  8. delete cookies

delete cookies: How do I delete cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-cookies/251e5416-7e30-471b-af19-9f5d198b0c51
  9. Deleting temporary files and cookies

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting temporary files and cookies: Need a fast way to delete temp files and cookies in Windows 10. I have tried a few things, but still have files not deleted. Used to be able to click settings, view files, select all, and delete. I can click settings and view, but that is it. 55598
  10. Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Delete Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience better by letting...