Windows 10: Selectively disabling VPN software for web browsers

Discus and support Selectively disabling VPN software for web browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; To me it sounds like they would like a software switch that encrypts only certain traffic on their VPN of choice. Ahh, So ! Thanks for the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by torre, Apr 5, 2018.

1. torre Win User

Selectively disabling VPN software for web browsers

Ahh, So ! Thanks for the clarification.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
  2. archz2 Win User

I am using Avira VPN. I want to disable it for Google Chrome and Firefox (in order to enjoy the maximum speed of my home internet connection) and enable it for rest of all the applications on my computer. How can I do it? I checked information on VPN tunneling on different websites and videos but couldn't find the step by step procedure to set it up for specific VPN software and browsers

:)

archz2, Apr 21, 2018
  3. Web browsing via VPN

Arqd,

Yes, I can select VPN connection as a default Access Point in standard Nokia web browser on Nokia 5800 phone when I am using SymVPN software.

I am not familiar with Lotus Mobile Connect software.

larry7---01, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Selectively disabling VPN software for web browsers

Web browsing via VPN

What kind of VPN software are you using on your Nokia N73 phone?

Chances are that you are using:

- SymVPN from www.telexy.com

- or NCP VPN from www.ncp-e.com

- or Nokia Mobile VPN (mVPN) from www.nokia.com

I am successfully using SymVPN on Nokia 5800 for Web browsing, MailForExchange,
    connecting Intranet and making VoIP calls over VPN.

About your problem with WEB browsing over VPN connection. I saw a comment in FAQ section for SymVPN, saying that for some Nokia phones and firmware versions, users need to make some kind of refresh for web page after first usage of standard WEB browser
    with VPN connection, after that all should be fine. Probably this trick will work for you too.

Couple weeks ago I have tried Opera Mini over VPN and didn't notice any problem.

On Nokia 5800 I can access VPN Access Point via Destination folder where I keep my VPN connections created in SymVPN. I guess there is no Destinations on your Nokia N73 and VPN Access Point should be available for selection in the same place where
    regular Access Points are.

larry7---01, Apr 21, 2018
  5. Hi, you really should avoid posting the same question on multiple forums. I answered you on another.

A VPN is designed to cover your entire computer, not part of it. Especially for the web, you would want the VPN to protect you. Outside of having two wireless cards and directing your internet traffic through one, a VPN cannot be selective of what it protects. It will be either all or none.

At least that is the case until a VPN provider include a software-switch.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 21, 2018
  6. torre Win User
    enable it for rest of all the applications

Could you further clarify ? A VPN protects your identity against tracking, etc as you browse. What other applications would be effected ? Your AV should protect your system.

Also, a good VPN will have minimal effect on browser speed. You may want to search for previous VPN threads (search box above) or google.

torre, Apr 23, 2018
  7. To me it sounds like they would like a software switch that encrypts only certain traffic on their VPN of choice.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

Selectively disabling VPN software for web browsers

1. Selectively disabling VPN software for web browsers - Similar Threads - Selectively disabling VPN

2. Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?: It was determined before I got this laptop HP Probook someone must've spilled liquid on the keys. The web start page/web home key will press itself at random times, taking the tab I am browsing to my start page by itself.I went into the Registery and added a ShellExecute with...
  3. Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?: It was determined before I got this laptop HP Probook someone must've spilled liquid on the keys. The web start page/web home key will press itself at random times, taking the tab I am browsing to my start page by itself.I went into the Registery and added a ShellExecute with...
  4. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  5. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling all web browsers: I'm wanting to know if there's a way to disable all web browser access including the Windows Search Box being able to pull up web results. I need for Steam and my virtual desktop interface client to work, but other than those two I don't want any access to the internet. I...
  6. Disabling all web browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. VPN Selection

VPN Selection: Completely new to VPN... After reading a couple articles from TechRadar i am interested in trying out a VPN. NordVPN looks most impressive in their balance of speed and cost, while SurfShark is quite well rated, costs less, but it would seem they do not offer the speed of...
  8. Web browser.

Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  9. Google’s web browser has become spy software

in Windows 10 News
    Google’s web browser has become spy software: Goodbye, Chrome: Google’s web browser has become spy software Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better. https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.b21682f96064 135779
  10. Unrequested termination of web browsers and select applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unrequested termination of web browsers and select applications: I do not know if I am the only one who experiences this, but with my surface book, whenever I shut the lid on my surface book and reopened it later, typically most of the time chrome will have been closed and Edge will be asking if I want to close all of my tabs, and a select...