Windows 10: Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not...

Discus and support Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Explorer Windows 10 notification settings for open/active DVD/CD projects are default to appear every time a project is modified. In practice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mesa-nore, Apr 12, 2021.

1. mesa-nore Win User

Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not...

Windows Explorer Windows 10 notification settings for open/active DVD/CD projects are default to appear every time a project is modified.

In practice that means every time you add a file to a project, delete a file, rename something, create a folder, etc.

As you can probably imagine, that means LOTS of notifications in short order. For "Data" DVDs or CDs you could see 10+ notifications pop up in a span of 60 seconds.

However, these are "Windows Explorer" notifications, as the burning capabilities are part of that application.

I do not want to turn off or suppress the entire application's notifications as some of them can be very important especially those that warn of impending drive failure or other drive health

Is there any way to change ONLY those notifications associated with Windows Explorer's burning capabilities including through registry edits?

:)

mesa-nore, Apr 12, 2021

2. Cd/dvd burner

Hi James,

Yes, Windows 10 is still capable of burning files into a CD/DVD. To burn files into a CD-RW or DVD-RW, follow these steps below:

• Open File Explorer > Click This PC > Right-click the name of the disk drive and select
      Eject.
    • Insert a black disc into the drive and close the drive > Double-click the drive icon to open the
      Burn a Disc windows.
    • Type a title for your disc > Select between Like a USB flash drive or
      With a CD/DVD player.
    If you select, Like a USB flash drive:

• Click Next in the Burn a Disc window.
    • Select the files/folders to be copied on the disc > Drag the file/folders to the CD drive icon on the left panel.
    • After copying, you can eject the disc.
    If you select, With a CD/DVD player:

• Click Next in the Burn a disc window.
    • Select the files/folders to be copied on the disc > Drag the file/folders to the CD drive icon on the left panel.
    • Right-click on the empty area, the select Burn to Disc.
    • Type the disc title in the Prepare the disc window > Select the
      recording speed > Next.
    • You'll get a You have successfully burned your files to the disc message >
      Finish.
    Get back to us and let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not...

J W Stuart, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not...

1. Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not... - Similar Threads - Selectively Turn Off

2. Missing CD/DVD Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing CD/DVD Burner: I have a Dell Precision Workstation M4800 This Workstation has an internal CD/DVD RW Drive as follow: H.L Data Storage Super Multi DVD Writer Model: GS40N HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS40N Until fairly recently I have been able to Create a System Repair Disc by using this drive and...
  3. CD/DVD Burner

CD/DVD Burner: I am trying to burn audio files to a CD and I get the following response - "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the...
  4. my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks: I was using my cd/dvd burner yesterday and it worked perfectly. I went to use the cd/dvd burner today and all it would do is act like it was only reading the disk and the disk is empty nothing is on it what can I do to solve this problem any help would be greatly appreciated...
  5. CD/DVD Burning

CD/DVD Burning: Why dont you have the burning software anymore? The apps in the store are horrible and not enough options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-burning/6e377ca9-f5eb-476f-be9e-c8bc0a7c327f
  6. DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10

DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 8300 running Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition. The problem I have originally ocurred when my computer was running windows 7. I upgraded to windows 10 hoping that would fix the problem ,but it did not. I have two DVD drives on the computer the original that...
  7. CD/DVD burner problems

CD/DVD burner problems: Since downloading Windows 10 the burner on my desktop will not burn MP 4 files from Windows Media Player (there could be others) I have read where files from Windows Media Player will only burn if they are, WMA; MP3; JPEG; & WMV. Why is this, I have not had this problem...
  8. Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10

Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10: Hi guys this problem is totally annoying me. My laptops cd/dvd burner will not burn blank cd or even read them. I have tried updated drivers from device manger & even uninstalling and reinstalling. Im at a loss. PLEASE HELP! Thanks Beth *Smile 59656
  9. CD/DVD will not burn cd's

CD/DVD will not burn cd's: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a Toshiba L645D-4040 with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS CD/DVD drive. I cannot burn a cd with it, using 3 different programs. It plays DVD's and Cd's fine. I have searched for the answer for 5 hours now and cannot find a solution. 54701
  10. Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10: I am not able to burn a Photo DVD in Windows 10. I had to save the photos on a portable drive and then save them to the desktop of my laptop which has Windows 7 Pro Anyone else have this problem? Better yet anyone have a soulutin. Dennis 17893