Windows 10: Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word?

Discus and support Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Im running Word 2016, and I was wondering if there is any way to make a Text Box that gets bigger or smaller based on its contents, as in "The... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ReallyFrustratd, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word?

Im running Word 2016, and I was wondering if there is any way to make a Text Box that gets bigger or smaller based on its contents, as in "The Individual known as <Text Box With Persons Name Here> living at... " so if the new name was longer than the old one, the text box would get longer accordingly, but also move the 'living at...' making the document still look seamless

And im also wondering if you can have multiple Text Boxes that are sort of liked, so if you write something in one, it appears in all the others, cause I would need about 3 more <Text Box With Persons Name Here>. [I know this can be done in Adobe Reader but can it be done in Word?]

Or is my only chance using the old Find and Replace and hope the persons name was writing correctly everywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

ReallyFrustratd, Mar 4, 2021

2. Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word?

Im running Word 2016, and I was wondering if there is any way to make a Text Box that gets bigger or smaller based on its contents, as in "The Individual known as <Text Box With Persons Name Here> living at... " so if the new name was longer than the old one, the text box would get longer accordingly, but also move the 'living at...' making the document still look seamless

And im also wondering if you can have multiple Text Boxes that are sort of liked, so if you write something in one, it appears in all the others, cause I would need about 3 more <Text Box With Persons Name Here>. [I know this can be done in Adobe Reader but can it be done in Word?]

Or is my only chance using the old Find and Replace and hope the persons name was writing correctly everywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ReallyFrustratd, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Mar 4, 2021
  4. aleisha11 Win User

Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word?

Deleting specific words from the predictive text dictionary

Hi, BigOnion. Welcome to our community. There's no option to delete a specific word. But, you may try suggesting the idea through this link: Feature
    Suggestions

If in case you want the words not to be suggested or reset the personal dictionary, here is how you do it:

Windows Phone 8

1. Go to Settings > keyboard > tap your language keyboard.
    2. Uncheck Suggest text.
    3. Press the Back key to return to the keyboard screen.
    4. Press advanced > reset suggestions
      to remove all the words you have added to your suggestion list, but keep the ones that came with your phone.
    Windows Phone 7

1. Go to Settings > keyboard > select input languages under
      Choose keyboard languages.
    2. Press typing settings > press input language under
      Keyboard.
    3. Uncheck Suggest text and highlight misspelt words.
    4. Press the Back key to return to the typing settings screen.
    5. Press reset suggestions to remove all the words that you have added to your suggestion list, but keep the ones that came with your phone.

aleisha11, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word?

1. Self-adjusting/linked content Text Boxes in Word? - Similar Threads - Self adjusting linked

2. Error Box in Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Box in Word: Each time I open word or a document, an error box appears. No matter what choice I make the entire word closes. Sometimes I can actually work on a document for a few minutes and it disappears. Please help...
  3. Error Box in Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Box in Word: Each time I open word or a document, an error box appears. No matter what choice I make the entire word closes. Sometimes I can actually work on a document for a few minutes and it disappears. Please help...
  4. Error Box in Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Serching text file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serching text file contents: I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option....
  6. Microsoft word log in box doesn't take text input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft word log in box doesn't take text input: All microsoft 365 programs show that my account cannot be accessed at the top of the screen even though it shows I am logged in, I also get the prompt that I need to log in to correct my account - but on all the password box shows and is non-respondant - ie takes NO text...
  7. Web browsing returning garbled or obscured content words appear with boxes in letters and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browsing returning garbled or obscured content words appear with boxes in letters and...: Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browsing-returning-garbled-or-obscured-content/5ccf7746-19ae-4bbc-9194-42c28ee3df66
  8. Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self: So like the title mentions my microphone auto adjusts and mutes it self, I got a razer kraken 7.1 v2, I don't know the cause for that so I request help, I turned off the auto gain control in the apps (discord, teams, skype) in the sound settings I unchecked the let apps gain...
  9. When typing in the text box, the words get smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When typing in the text box, the words get smaller: When trying to type in the text box over a picture, the first time it worked great. Then I tried to do it on the 4th picture, and the text got smaller when I'm using it on 72 size. No matter what font I use, it's still the same. When i tried making a new one with no picture,...
  10. Students can't edit a text box in Word from Teams.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Students can't edit a text box in Word from Teams.: I'm using Teams to provide continuation of learning for my students. When I create a Word document that uses a text box, my students are unable to edit within the box, but they can outside the box. Why? How do I make it so that they can?...