Windows 10: Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

Discus and support Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My boyfriend built a computer... I don't know how to help him... so I'm just gonna check in here. He has already downloaded a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bekky13, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Bekky13 Win User

Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows? 0_big.jpg

My boyfriend built a computer... I don't know how to help him... so I'm just gonna check in here.

He has already downloaded a few more drivers from the internet...but they seem to be incompatible...as it seems to me

and he's been trying out old hard drives of his own... so it shouldn't be that

Any answers? Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows? :(

:)

Bekky13, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Old HP computer...Will Vista install/run?

If it's not your own business here is my suggestion.

1) Tell him it's not viable and charge him $200
    2) Move up here to WI
    3) Start a business with me doing network installations
    4) We make enough money to take vacations to the Caribbean when we want.
    5) We send the people with computer problems to Geek Squad and still charge them for our "assessment" time.
    6) We have regular Board of Director meeting that involve copious amounts of beer and Prime Rib.
    7) Repeat steps 4 through 6 until we only have to do steps 4 and 6

Sound good? *Wink Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows? ;)

Kreij, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

Computer Problems.....

Excellent suggestions Sasqui. If you dont mind me asking, which store built the computer. It be nice to know what else is in the system. But we will settle with what we got. Odd thing is, you install windows, so thats a good 30 mins to an hour. Plenty of time for the cpu to heat up and shut down before the install is finished. I wouldnt think the cpu coolng fan was a problem (could be wrong though). Id check ram and then hdd connections. You may have to crack open the case and take a look around.

WarEagleAU, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

1. Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows? - Similar Threads - Self built computer

2. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  3. Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine: Hello everyone,I was trying to install Windows 11 on my machine that is now running a Linux distro. The installer won't find the needed drivers for USBs or Hard Drives. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of which drivers I need, these are my specs:MB: Msi Tomahawk Max...
  4. Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine: Hello everyone,I was trying to install Windows 11 on my machine that is now running a Linux distro. The installer won't find the needed drivers for USBs or Hard Drives. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of which drivers I need, these are my specs:MB: Msi Tomahawk Max...
  5. Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon: Hello everyone, I just built a desktop and tried to install windows 10 using bootable USB, but whenever it always freezes at the windows icon screen. I tried both the media tool and Rufus to setup the bootable drive. But both of them didn't work for me. It either tells me I...
  6. Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer

Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer: My 12 yo son has built a gaming PC. I have purched windows 10 veey cheap - i hope its legit and have been given a key. we are nor sure how to get this on a computer with no operating system. We assume to download onto UBS and then install but are stuck. please advise....
  7. Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC

Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC: Hi all, I built a computer from scratch in 2016 and installed Windows 10 Pro using an OEM license that I purchased at the time. For various reasons, I wanted to do a clean sweep of the computer, and I've set up a USB drive to reinstall Windows and start from scratch that...
  8. BSOD Critical_Structure_Error from BugCheck on newish self-built computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Critical_Structure_Error from BugCheck on newish self-built computer: Hi all, I've been getting some BSOD crashes on my computer that is fairly new. I was having issues since I started, but fixed most with a re-install of Windows and updating drivers. It was working nicely until it started BSODing yesterday, and has since crashed three times....
  9. Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC

Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC: Hi all, I recently put together a new PC, specs are: MOBO: ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 6-core 3.7GHz CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RAM: 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (2x 8GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix PSU:...
  10. Install on brand new self-built computer, no 7 or 8 license

Install on brand new self-built computer, no 7 or 8 license: Hello, Can I install Preview version 10130 on a brand new computer I'm building myself, without any Win7 or 8 or 8.1 disk/license? If yes, will I have any license/activation problem when I replace the Preview with the purchased release Pro version (complete...