Windows 10: Self Installing Virus

Discus and support Self Installing Virus in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have this problem with my computer where this one program called Darkies.exe keeps installing itself even after me deleting it before. I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexeiChachkov, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Self Installing Virus

Hi!

I have this problem with my computer where this one program called Darkies.exe keeps installing itself even after me deleting it before. I found this program on my computer after it constantly kept starting up and opening up windows in which there would be an ad. I attempted to end the task and delete all instances of this program and it worked. However, there is one spot in the AppData folder (in local) where it doesn't seem to go away. I've deleted it multiple times and it keeps on reinstalling itself. The virus doesn't do anything but it can be very annoying and I don't exactly know what it could be doing. If there is anyone who knows what I can do about this self - installing program, please help!

:)

AlexeiChachkov, Jan 16, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Self Installing Virus

virus not detect by self.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

I’m not clear what your question is but I’ll take a guess. See if the following may help you resolve your issue.

If you’re receiving popups that claim your computer is infected see

Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

If you think you have a malware issue not being addressed by Windows Defender (WD) try scanning with two or more of the independent scanners listed in

List of Malware Removal Tools

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/definitions/whatsnew.aspx

If WD is not working or updating go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other
    than Windows Defender listed.

Suggest try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, McAfee,
    Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot. See List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender) and you’ll no longer be concerned with the various issues that intermittently affect Windows Defender on Win 10.

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

You may want to review the following - - -

Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection
    to include the articles on Choosing
    an Anti-Virus Program
    and Supplementing
    your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

AV Poll 2015 - Security | DSLReports Forums

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Self Installing Virus

1. Self Installing Virus - Similar Threads - Self Installing Virus

2. Self Explanatory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self Explanatory.: Was trying to make a new vpn, vpnbook was used. and this happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/self-explanatory/aa8e3ad5-20d8-4ee0-bc35-2b88ed6166ca
  3. Why everything is virus ? my self extract is not virus !,**** microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why everything is virus ? my self extract is not virus !,**** microsoft: Just f*cking microsoft antivirus ****,if i want make virus i can do without self extract but my app need self extract so please antivirus microsuck do better for this not just false positive bi*ch...
  4. Windows Virus Sample Submission Keeps turning off by its self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Virus Sample Submission Keeps turning off by its self: Every so often windows sample submission turns itself off and makes the device disconnected sound and I don't know why it does it by its self, I couldn't find any related answers anywhere else online. am I missing something or is anyone else experiencing this issue?...
  5. self-installed screensaver is not available in list of screensavers

in Windows 10 Customization
    self-installed screensaver is not available in list of screensavers: I have a new desktop PC. Downloaded a couple of my favorite clock screensavers that worked on my old PC Windows 7 and also on this new PC for a couple of weeks and have now stopped working/appearing. When i go to screensaver settings and the drop down list, the two display...
  6. Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer: My 12 yo son has built a gaming PC. I have purched windows 10 veey cheap - i hope its legit and have been given a key. we are nor sure how to get this on a computer with no operating system. We assume to download onto UBS and then install but are stuck. please advise....
  7. Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?: [ATTACH] My boyfriend built a computer... I don't know how to help him... so I'm just gonna check in here. He has already downloaded a few more drivers from the internet...but they seem to be incompatible...as it seems to me and he's been trying out old hard...
  8. Windows 10 wont install its self

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 wont install its self: I decided to factory reset my laptop and it got to about 64% through the install. It started to boot up and give me the welcome but then stopped tried a normal boot up with out the welcome and then shut off it did this hundreds of times.The computer now spins the drive up...
  9. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...
  10. Chromium - self installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromium - self installed: Would appreciate your assistance! Have a friends laptop where Chromium installed on its own, and keeps popping up when the computer starts. Went to Task Manager/Startup, and Disabled 3 entries of Chromium. However, they cannot be deleted. Next, found my way to...