Windows 10: Self made file in Notepad.

Discus and support Self made file in Notepad. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I just noticed in my Documents list a file called "Duplicate Files". I didn't make that file and I'm the only one who uses this Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Jul 14, 2019.

1. Self made file in Notepad.

Greetings,

I just noticed in my Documents list a file called "Duplicate Files". I didn't make that file and I'm the only one who uses this Laptop computer. I opened the file and that's when I found that approximately 300 duplicate files were saved in Notepad. Why Notepad and more importantly where did it come from? Did the PC make the file all by itself?

Thanks,

Barry

:)

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Jul 14, 2019

2. Ascii file in Notepad

Hi GreenGreen2,

This statement of an issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is this file? Is it a Notepad
      file with ASCII characters inside it? or is file with ASCII characters named on it?
    • What is the file extension of this file? Is this a .txt file or not?
    • Where is this file came from?
    • Can you give us a step by step walkthrough on what you’re doing?
    • Can you create a new user profile and test if the issue will still happen in the new user profile?
    • What were the recent changes made on your part before you experienced this issue?
    • Can we have a screenshot of this file? This is to give us at least an idea what type of file is this.

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    How to ask an effective question
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions instead of
    having assumptions and guessing.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Johann Eva, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 14, 2019
  4. JCabebe Win User

Self made file in Notepad.

Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Self made file in Notepad.

1. Self made file in Notepad. - Similar Threads - Self made file

2. Self made program keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self made program keeps crashing.: Hi all,We have made our own program using Electron JS that keeps crashing and we do do not know what causes the issue or how to resolve it. The issue seems to occur when the monitor is turning on. The app does not adapt its resolution and crashes right afterwards.We have...
  3. Self made program keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self made program keeps crashing.: Hi all,We have made our own program using Electron JS that keeps crashing and we do do not know what causes the issue or how to resolve it. The issue seems to occur when the monitor is turning on. The app does not adapt its resolution and crashes right afterwards.We have...
  4. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  5. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  6. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Someone actually made a program using the Notepad?

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone actually made a program using the Notepad?: Hi i am kinda new on all of the programing stuff and 4-5 days ago i learned that you actually can make some stuff in notepad using BATCH the old MS DOS scripts! but i have a little issue with it how could I schedule a question and have 2 different answers? for example A man...
  8. Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10): Hey everyone, So I was trying to get SFML to work with Visual Studio and I accidentally opened all the files in the "lib" folder with notepad. Is there any way to change this back? I'm not sure if it actually affects anything or not. submitted by /u/Lombadd [link]...
  9. Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can Notepad be made bigger? Win10: When I click on Notepad, I first see this much. [ATTACH] The thick black line is the top of my horizontal bottom bar. My only options are to minimise, maximise or close it. As recently as November 2017, I could increase its size by dragging it using the arrows....
  10. !! Self made keyboard shortcuts !!

in Windows 10 Support
    !! Self made keyboard shortcuts !!: Hi. Have just come over from a chromebook to a surface laptop 2 and am really happy with it. I just want to know about keyboard shortcuts. I want to assign an internet 'page back' and 'page forward' keys on F1 and F2 like chromebooks do. I know you can use Alt-left or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. self made file