Windows 10: SELF SOLVED: Windows update page stuck searching

Discus and support SELF SOLVED: Windows update page stuck searching in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey gang, SOLVED: So I just updated to Windows 10 20H2. After the restart. I went to check for any updates it just says Please wait... and seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ern88, Oct 29, 2020.

1. ern88 Win User

SELF SOLVED: Windows update page stuck searching

Hey gang,

SOLVED: So I just updated to Windows 10 20H2. After the restart. I went to check for any updates it just says Please wait... and seems stuck. I rebooted 3 times. and still doing it. And on top of that I hit the pause updates. Is there a way to fix it without formatting? NVM, I fixed it.

SELF SOLVED: Windows update page stuck searching [​IMG]

:)

ern88, Oct 29, 2020
  2. ern88 Win User

Hey gang,

SOLVED: So I just updated to Windows 10 20H2. After the restart. I went to check for any updates it just says Please wait... and seems stuck. I rebooted 3 times. and still doing it. And on top of that I hit the pause updates. Is there a way to fix it without formatting? NVM, I fixed it.

SELF SOLVED: Windows update page stuck searching [​IMG]

ern88, Oct 29, 2020
  3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Oct 29, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. SELF SOLVED: Windows update page stuck searching - Similar Threads - SELF SOLVED update

2. my windows update page is stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows update page is stuck: My windows version is 1909 and I know it's out of date but the update page doesn't load at all and the update assistant doesn't help either. any help would be appreciated....
  3. my windows 10 update page is stuck

my windows 10 update page is stuck: My windows version is 1909 and I know that it's out of date but my update page does not load and update assistant doesn't help either. any help would be appreciated...
  4. Windows update page stuck searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update page stuck searching: Hey gang, So I just updated to Windows 10 20H2. After the restart. I went to check for any updates it just says Please wait... and seems stuck. I rebooted 3 times. and still doing it. And on top of that I hit the pause updates. Is there a way to fix it without formatting?...
  5. Stuck on a page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on a page: I am stuck at the "add your Microsoft account" screen on another computer. It will not take either my e-mail address or phone number. When you click "Next" it just says there was an issue looking up your account. I cannot get out of that screen. This is a new Dell laptop....
  6. [SELF SOLVED]HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [SELF SOLVED]HELP! USB DEVICES NOT SHOWING UP!: {HELP NO LONGER NEEDED< SEE COMMENT} I Installed a couple of programs NI Mate and Kinect 360 drivers and a Blender plugin for Ni Mate, after a minute I realized that My mouse was dead and My Hard drive had disappeared from windows explorer, I immediately uninstalled the...
  7. Solved - blank pages from printer after update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solved - blank pages from printer after update?: Hello, We have got two PC's, and both of them are printing blank pages since recently. I think since the windows 10 update 1903. Printing from Word or from Notepad creates blank pages. Printing PDF documents goes well. I have reinstalled the printer with the latest...
  8. Windows self-shutdown [Bug Report and Solving]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows self-shutdown [Bug Report and Solving]: I found a problem and because of this bug PC turns itself off. we can come bug.. if you install Spotify from Microsoft store. this problem will occur. i don't know, what is the problem?...
  9. windows 10 news page & search page ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 news page & search page ?: Is light & dark the only theme you have to choose from ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-news-page-search-page/1a4eb670-9658-49a0-8ad7-0a2ae5e758dc
  10. Install stuck at searching for updates

Install stuck at searching for updates: Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!! 13749