Windows 10: Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

Discus and support Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrade to windows 10 v1803, Self view is very fuzzy/distorted when using surface pro's front camera. This is very evident when selecting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Parvez_Ahmed, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

After upgrade to windows 10 v1803, Self view is very fuzzy/distorted when using surface pro's front camera. This is very evident when selecting the resolution of 640x360p. This is seen on Microsoft camera app and other camera apps as well.

This was all fine before the windows upgrade.

:)

Parvez_Ahmed, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

Surface Pro, BSOD after 1803 Update

So after another day of wasted time trying to work out whats causing these BSOD's and reading this post, which looks like lots of people are having the same issue,

1803-bsod-on-new-surface-pro-frequently

I decided to try to go back to 1709.

I download the Surface Pro Recovery image as described above, however it is 1703 not 1709. I went ahead and reinstalled everything and then used wumt to stop the 1803 update from downloading.

The only problem is that the 1709 update doesn't seem to want to appear in the windows update list anymore.

So now I stuck on 1703. Very frustrating, I'll head to my local Microsoft Store tomorrow and see If they can create a USB with the 1709 update for me...

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get windows update to do its job.

Adrian_1969, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803

1. Self view is fuzzy on surface pro after windows update to 1803 - Similar Threads - Self view fuzzy

2. WINDOWS DRIVERS FOR RS4 1803 ON SURFACE PRO 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS DRIVERS FOR RS4 1803 ON SURFACE PRO 7: Is there a link where I could download surface pro 7 drivers for OS version 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-drivers-for-rs4-1803-on-surface-pro-7/57d70016-4782-4745-af43-aaac3ffd0456
  3. Broken Surface Pro 6 after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Surface Pro 6 after update: What are my options when the most recent update breaks the device? I have used my device a total of 7hrs this year Feb and it hasnt been touched since December 2020. I ignored the update notification on Saturday and decided to install and restart on the sunday morning when it...
  4. Surface Pro 3 destroyed after windows update

Surface Pro 3 destroyed after windows update: I have spent the last 2 days wasted trying to repair my laptop after an update completely destroyed it. Basically it switched itself off and got stuck in the boot screen loop. After lots of research, trying out all the suggestions here and elsewhere I can now get as far as...
  5. Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 self view or front-facing camera is fuzzy: Surface Pro 6 self view or front facing-camera is fuzzy but main camera is clear. I have run the latest Windows update for Surface Pro 6 as of May 15. Camera has only IntelR AVStream Camera 2500 available by checking "Device Manager" . I have applied the latest update on the...
  6. Surface Pro 4 still on Windows 1803. Updates fails at 94%

Surface Pro 4 still on Windows 1803. Updates fails at 94%: I know this has most likely been disussed many times but I thought I'd at least try asking the question here. My Surface Pro 4 has tried mulitple times over the last year or so to update to the latest version of Windows. It always fails at the very end. It gets to 94%, then...
  7. windows 10 pro update to 1803

windows 10 pro update to 1803: My computer has 111gig of hard disk space. Windows 1803 update fails because there is not enough space available. I then started to delete files and programs to create the space. Each time I created 2-3 gig of space it was eaten up by the update and still failed....
  8. Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor flicker on surface pro 4 after installing 1803: Cursor flicker appeared after installing 1803. Reverting to 1709 did not resolve the flicker. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cursor-flicker-on-surface-pro-4-after-installing/d985ee8d-71b8-4963-b357-cf106794d487
  9. Surface Pro 3 Need firmware update after 1803 has been installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 3 Need firmware update after 1803 has been installed: My Surface pro 3 show it need a firmware update in the Device Security under the Security Processor( got a yellow mark on it ) some thing to do with the TPM. It has a block you can click on to start the update but it only take you to a MS tech help page were on that page it...
  10. Surface Pro 3 Need firmware update after 1803 has been installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 3 Need firmware update after 1803 has been installed: My Surface pro 3 show it need a firmware update in the Device Security under the Security Processor( got a yellow mark on it ) some thing to do with the TPM. It has a block you can click on to start the update but it only take you to a MS tech help page were on that page it...