Windows 10: Selling a business - what's the best way to handover access to PC's

Discus and support Selling a business - what's the best way to handover access to PC's in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have a quick question as I am in the process of selling my business and as part of this process I need to handover two PC's which have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AJ_530, Feb 25, 2021.

1. AJ_530 Win User

Selling a business - what's the best way to handover access to PC's

Hello,

I have a quick question as I am in the process of selling my business and as part of this process I need to handover two PC's which have various software installed on them to run the different parts of the business.

I guess my question is, as part of Windows 10 I sign in to these two PC's with my Microsoft account which is linked to my email address etc. I cannot simply change the password and hand it over. However I want to make sure that the user experience for the new owner is identical to my existing account access to applications etc.. Hence I can't format them or reset to factory settings as I normally would if I was selling the PC's to someone else.

What's the best way of providing the new owner access whilst maintaining as close as possible user experience when they are logged in? Do I simply go to the 'Family & other users' section of Settings and 'Add someone else to this PC' ?

:)

AJ_530, Feb 25, 2021
  2. whitrzac Win User

best way to sell PC case??

I think I could get more in scap than the $40 I have it listed at*Frown Selling a business - what's the best way to handover access to PC's :(

whitrzac, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Sell apps to organizations through Windows Store for Business

Source: Sell apps to organizations through Windows Store for Business | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Feb 25, 2021
  4. tommyruud Win User

Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Selling a business - what's the best way to handover access to PC's - Similar Threads - Selling business what's

2. RDP - What's the best way to lock down physical access to my PC while I'm remoting into it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP - What's the best way to lock down physical access to my PC while I'm remoting into it...: I plan on using Windows 10's Remote Desktop to access my home PC from elsewhere over the coming weekend. I'd like to make sure while I'm using RDP to connect remotely, someone can't just power on my monitor and watch what I'm doing or take over control (I don't have reason to...
  3. Best way to share files small business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to share files small business: HI folks, newbie here We have a small business of approx 8 or so office workers. We all have one drive. But what I want to know is, without a physical server etc, what is our best way of being able to access, share and edit files from a central location. I've read about...
  4. What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best way to backup OneDrive?: I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my laptops, but I have access to everything I need. That said, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of...
  5. What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?: I tried to just put them in the video title but i run out of room. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/FinancialJello4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8w1th/what_is_the_best_way_to_add_tags_to_videos_on_my/
  6. What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the best way to access another drive with another windows?: I have an HDD with windows 10 and just got an SSD with a fresh w10 install. Normally I would reboot to choose which drive to load from. Then move it from Documents to public so I can transfer it. Is there a better way for me to retrieve data from the HDD and move it to...
  7. What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?: I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and I am wanting to do a completely new Windows 10 install, swapping/upgrading my OS hard drive to a brand new SSD... and I want to make sure there is a hidden recovery partition after new Windows install. I was told to use Windows 10...
  8. What Is Best Way To Obtain 1903

What Is Best Way To Obtain 1903: I noticed that Win10 1903 is now available for download and would like to update my desktop. I am in no hurry but my question is do I need to go ahead and download it myself or should I just wait for the update to be sent from Microsoft to my computer. I have been reading the...
  9. What brand of PC is best for small home business

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What brand of PC is best for small home business: I'm looking to buy a PC to replace laptop which cannot be updated to use Windows 10 MS 10. I need more than just browsing internet and reading emails but do not need 'gaming'. Reliable, good after sales service, telephone or chat online Australian support. Any advice?...
  10. Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?

Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?: I was looking around and it seems very confused. Because it's a new PC it needs the cheaper OEM software, but this seems to be only supplied on disc. Rather odd considering many builds don't even have a disc player now. I see I can just download the source to create an...