Windows 10: Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

Discus and support Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I'm selling my current PC and getting a new one, where I'll probably just get a new retail version of Windows 10, the only thing I'm keeping from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DenzelGamboa, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

So I'm selling my current PC and getting a new one, where I'll probably just get a new retail version of Windows 10, the only thing I'm keeping from my current PC are my Hard Drives. This current PC I have is a Windows 10 OEM Version I got from my local Fry's, and I was wondering what I should do before I sell it, do I just unplug my hard drives and I'm all set? What should I do so my friend can just easily buy a Hard Drive and set up Windows with my Old PC?

:)

DenzelGamboa, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jul 26, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

1. Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Selling OEM

2. Can I buy OEM licenses from Amazon to Install on a Computer I intend to Sell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy OEM licenses from Amazon to Install on a Computer I intend to Sell?: I am intending to build custom spec computers for clients and sell them.I also plan to do everything by the book and want to ensure I have understood the use of OEM licences correctlyMy understanding is an OEM licence can be used if the intention is to sell the computer and...
  3. Can I buy OEM licenses from Amazon to Install on a Computer I intend to Sell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I buy OEM licenses from Amazon to Install on a Computer I intend to Sell?: I am intending to build custom spec computers for clients and sell them.I also plan to do everything by the book and want to ensure I have understood the use of OEM licences correctlyMy understanding is an OEM licence can be used if the intention is to sell the computer and...
  4. Can I buy OEM licenses from Amazon to Install on a Computer I intend to Sell?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...: I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that license to new laptop owner so that he/she can keep it updated.From other Q&A it seems the license lives with the motherboard - it has poor battery life and not win 11 compatible, but the...
  6. I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...: I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that license to new laptop owner so that he/she can keep it updated.From other Q&A it seems the license lives with the motherboard - it has poor battery life and not win 11 compatible, but the...
  7. I am selling an old laptop that has an OEM install of windows 10. How do I transfer that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license: Hi everyone! I bought a laptop that has an OEM license. I have connected my Microsoft account to the laptop. I wonder if there is anything else that I have to do besides factory reset so the person that is going to buy it from me has access to Windows. submitted by...
  9. Do you have to sell a pc after using a dvd OEM on a pc?

Do you have to sell a pc after using a dvd OEM on a pc?: I really want to know, Do You need to sell your pc after using a dvd OEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-have-to-sell-a-pc-after-using-a-dvd-oem-on/753dde61-eb45-4c48-bd5c-1cf8be8dccb5
  10. Are the windows 10 usbs that Miscosoft sells oem or retail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are the windows 10 usbs that Miscosoft sells oem or retail?: Are the Microsoft sold windows 10 usbs oem or retail. submitted by /u/Dissappointment_420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/je6uq8/are_the_windows_10_usbs_that_miscosoft_sells_oem/