Windows 10: Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

Discus and support Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I'm selling my current PC and getting a new one, where I'll probably just get a new retail version of Windows 10, the only thing I'm keeping from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DenzelGamboa, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

So I'm selling my current PC and getting a new one, where I'll probably just get a new retail version of Windows 10, the only thing I'm keeping from my current PC are my Hard Drives. This current PC I have is a Windows 10 OEM Version I got from my local Fry's, and I was wondering what I should do before I sell it, do I just unplug my hard drives and I'm all set? What should I do so my friend can just easily buy a Hard Drive and set up Windows with my Old PC?

:)

DenzelGamboa, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jul 26, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10

1. Selling my PC with OEM Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Selling OEM

2. Groupon selling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Groupon selling Windows 10: Hi, Groupon are currently running a promotion where you can buy Windows 10 Pro for £39.95. https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/microsoft-windows-10-home-professional-10 This seems like a too good to be true deal but Groupon are a large, well known company so I wondered if...
  3. Resetting a laptop in preparation to sell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting a laptop in preparation to sell: Prefacing this, I'm running Windows 10 on this laptop (Alienware 15 r3), and I have two drives, the 256gb boot drive it came with, and a Samsung 500 gig EVO, both SSD's What I want to do is go to Settings>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove Everything>All Drives>Remove files and...
  4. Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?

Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?: So, today I decided to sell a digital license I had lying around in a somewhat old PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago, after being abandonded due to it being very slow and also due to the fact that I got a new PC, I decided to sell my "old" Windows 10 digital...
  5. Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tax receipt and EU VAT ID when selling software on Microsoft Store: Hello, I'm selling a software in Microsoft Store. I'm based in EU. I have two tax-related questions. 1) In App Developer Agreement there is a clause (6. g.) that says: Microsoft will deduct such taxes from the amount owed and pay them to the appropriate taxing...
  6. Possible problems with selling my PC with win10 license linked to my MS account + adding a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible problems with selling my PC with win10 license linked to my MS account + adding a...: Hi, My current situation 1 PC with preinstalled win10 on HDD 2 Moved windows to a SDD on the same PC, win10 was reactivated by itself. The license is connect to my MS account Now I'm planning to sell that PC while moving the SDD and installed programs to a new PC. So...
  7. why cant i fix my computer back to new state to sell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i fix my computer back to new state to sell: can you please tell me how to reset my all in one HP Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-fix-my-computer-back-to-new-state-to/03d856ac-d176-4dfc-b02a-e6d2d77a9515
  8. Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these...

Is it legal to buy OEM keys from a 3rd party onlineseller, with a sticker and re-sell these...: Good day I have a second hand shop, where I buy second hand computers and re-sell them on after cleaning / fixing these computers. The problem is most of the time the OS has been pirated and or the sticker has been damaged or removed. Now I am trying to be above board...
  9. Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC)

Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC): Hello everybody, I’d like to ask about deactivation Windows 10 PC. I have transferable license of Windows 10 on a PC and I would like to sell this PC without this license. Of course, I will format and securely erase HDD, but when new owner makes fresh PC installation,...
  10. Is it possible to sell my Windows 10 OEM?

Is it possible to sell my Windows 10 OEM?: I am no longer using the Windows 10 software and key that I purchased from a computer store. The hard drive that it was installed on was removed from the computer and destroyed. The remainder of the computer is intact (no hard drive of course). Now that I am no longer using...