Windows 10: Selling PC with Windows license

Discus and support Selling PC with Windows license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rataan, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Rataan Win User

Selling PC with Windows license

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I want to sell a PC to my brother and I want the Windows license to go with it. I have all the parts for a replacement PC that I will build in a few days and for that I will buy a new Windows license. I guess the questions I have are:

1. How do I transfer a Windows license to another person, or is that possible with current licensing rules? The hardware that the license runs on would be the same, just a different person. I don't know if he has a Microsoft account, but we can set one up if necessary. This license was originally bought as Windows 7 and then converted to a Windows 10 license. I don't remember if it was an OEM or retail copy or if that is important.
    2. Since I'm building another PC which will need a Windows license, would it just be easier to transfer the license I currently own to the new PC and buy a new license for my brother? In that case, the license would stay with the same person (me) and the same Microsoft account, but will run on all new hardware.

:)

Rataan, Nov 30, 2018

2. Sell a Laptop with Windows 10 License.

Hey ,

I'd like to sell my laptop , including the Windows 10 license on It. Do you have any suggestions how to do it?

StoyanSpasov, Nov 30, 2018
  3. ney2x Win User
    Microsoft Sells 40 Million Windows 8 Licenses

Microsoft Sells 40 Million Windows 8 Licenses

Stardock Sells 80 Million Start8 Licenses *Big Grin Selling PC with Windows license :D

ney2x, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Selling PC with Windows license

selling pc

how do I transfer ownership if I decide to sell pc with windows 10?That way the license key will work with someone elses account

SherryPearl, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Selling PC with Windows license

1. Selling PC with Windows license - Similar Threads - Selling license

2. How to sell PC with Windows without license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sell PC with Windows without license?: Hello,Recently, I've bought a new PC. I installed a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Home 64b I already had. This same Windows version I have installed on my old PC.I'd like to sell my old PC. I've formatted, deleted, shredded all my personal data. I also installed Windows 10...
  3. How to sell PC with Windows without license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sell PC with Windows without license?: Hello,Recently, I've bought a new PC. I installed a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Home 64b I already had. This same Windows version I have installed on my old PC.I'd like to sell my old PC. I've formatted, deleted, shredded all my personal data. I also installed Windows 10...
  4. How to sell PC with Windows without license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?: We are an OEM that mostly sell to business customers. Most of our customers have their own license agreement and would like to use their own version of Windows image. My question is, if we build our machine with an unactrivated windows system, will it violate Windows service...
  6. Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?

Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?: We are an OEM that mostly sell to business customers. Most of our customers have their own license agreement and would like to use their own version of Windows image. My question is, if we build our machine with an unactrivated windows system, will it violate Windows service...
  7. Is it legal to a sell a PC with a free version UNactivated, no license of Windows 10 installed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. How can other sites still sell windows 7 license and if you try it actually validates on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can other sites still sell windows 7 license and if you try it actually validates on...: How can other sites still sell windows 7 license and if you try it actually validates on Microsoft?I have to use windows 7 as i have apps with licenses that only work on 32 bit this iswhy I'm asking....
  9. How can other sites still sell windows 7 license and if you try it actually validates on...

How can other sites still sell windows 7 license and if you try it actually validates on...: How can other sites still sell windows 7 license and if you try it actually validates on Microsoft?I have to use windows 7 as i have apps with licenses that only work on 32 bit this iswhy I'm asking....
  10. Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro license sell on amazon: Dear Team,Recently i have saw Windows 11 Pro license on Amazon.in website, it's shown around Rs. 3800/- Kindly advise for Shall i have use that license copy in our commercial premises?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. selling pc with windows 10 license