Windows 10: semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue

Discus and support semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Kamekou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epjr4h/semav6msr64intel_driver_update_utility_installer/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kamekou, Jan 16, 2020.

1. semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue

/u/Kamekou, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

What is semav6msr64.sys & Mellanox Drivers?

Thanks - as I further check, I first disabled semav6msr64.sys using Autoruns then rebooted. I didn't have the first registry key but deleted the second and deleted the driver file. I now have no trace of semav6msr64.sys.

Steve C, Jan 16, 2020
  3. What is semav6msr64.sys & Mellanox Drivers?

I noticed semav6msr64.sys on my system earlier today (also via Autoruns), and eventually tracked down the program which installed it - you heard it here first! It's an Intel file, and just coincidence that SEMA Software authored a driver file with the same name.

On my system the driver was installed by the Intel Driver Update Utility Installer, which I'd installed to update my Intel drivers. Uninstalling this program after use doesn't uninstall semav6msr64.sys, presumably due either to a bug in the uninstaller or to laziness of the development team who wrote it. I don't like leaving software package remnants on my system for no good reason, so removed it as follows:

1. Create a System Restore Point in case the following steps cause any problems.
    2. Uninstall Intel Driver Update Utility Installer, if it appears in the installed programs list in Control Panel.
    3. Rename semav6msr64.sys to semav6msr64.sys.bk [to be deleted sometime later if no problems are encountered].
    4. If, and only if, you're comfortable editing the registry, delete the following keys (otherwise just leave them, they'll have negligible effect):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SEMAV6MSR64
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\semav6msr64

bigbadsteve, Jan 16, 2020
  4. semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue

Intel Driver Update Utility Installer

Hello,

To address your concern, it's safe to run the Intel Driver Update Utility Installer if it's compatible with Windows 10. If not, you can run it in
    Compatibility Mode. Regarding with the error "USB controller has failed or not working", refer to the steps provided below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right click on any device in the Device Manager, and click Scan for hardware changes. It will automatically reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue

1. semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue - Similar Threads - semav6msr64 Intel Driver

2. BSOD with intel driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with intel driver: Hi I recently purchased the razer stealth notebook, and run into a bsod after installing docker with bios virtualization enabled. when i turn it off it works fine but no docker, when i disable the generic intel driver and only use the nvidia graphics driver it's very laggy....
  3. BSOD with intel driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with intel driver: Hi I recently purchased the razer stealth notebook, and run into a bsod after installing docker with bios virtualization enabled. when i turn it off it works fine but no docker, when i disable the generic intel driver and only use the nvidia graphics driver it's very laggy....
  4. intel driver updater not installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    intel driver updater not installing: Hi my intel driver updater is not working:log file :[35AC:3300][2021-08-18T18:00:14]i001: Burn v3.11.2.4516, Windows v10.0 Build 19042: Service Pack 0, path:...
  5. Driver Issue - Intel Won't Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Issue - Intel Won't Update: Hi, I've got an issue with my graphics card driver for my Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640. It's out of date and simply won't update to the newest version. Windows Update says my driver was installed in 2018 and I have the 'best version'. This is simply not true - my driver...
  6. Driver Update utilities?

Driver Update utilities?: There are numbers of driver scanning and updating software to download in the Internet, like this: Free Driver Scanner | Windows Driver Update and Driver Download Software for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP Are they trustable? Which one would be the best? I prefer free one but...
  7. Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem)

Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem): Recently, the WiFi on this particular laptop has been sub-par. Downloading the same file, the WiFi downloads at the rate of 70 kbps (pretty bad) while the Ethernet cable is at 700 kbps ~ 1000 kbps. I know that the Ethernet is almost always faster than the WiFi but the...
  8. Driver update Utility

Driver update Utility: All: I have a program that wants to update my drivers. It said it found 3 drivers that were outdated & wanted to update them! I said yes with some trepidation, then it asked for my Email address! That's were I stopped & backed out & cancelled the whole thing! In...
  9. What is semav6msr64.sys & Mellanox Drivers?

What is semav6msr64.sys & Mellanox Drivers?: Just checking my installed drivers, I found the driver semav6msr64.sys listed in Autoruns? Looking at file properties gives no clue what it is for. What is the purpose of this driver and can I remove it? Also, there are various driver entries by Mellanox e.g. winmad.sys,...
  10. Intel Driver Update Utility Installer and Graphic Control Panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Driver Update Utility Installer and Graphic Control Panel: On my second clean install of 10240, I discover that I get the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel just by running this installer: Intel® Driver Update Utility Graphics and chipset issues find solutions. You can go backward and install previous drivers. Same applies...