Windows 10: Semester-Long Windows Licenses for Students in a C# Course

Discus and support Semester-Long Windows Licenses for Students in a C# Course in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been working on a C# course focusing on full-stack application development at Florida State University. This was going great until we suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by crm09d, Aug 6, 2020.

1. crm09d Win User

Semester-Long Windows Licenses for Students in a C# Course

I have been working on a C# course focusing on full-stack application development at Florida State University. This was going great until we suddenly needed to offer the course entirely remotely without our normal lab resources. As a result, we need to provide some way of normalizing the experience for students across platforms. That is, some students may only have access to Linux/Mac while quarantined at home and I would rather not have a .NET Core and a .NET Framework path through the course that students have to navigate.

In trying to find low-cost solutions, it makes sense that I could make a Virtual Box VM that students could run locally on their machines, which makes no assumptions about their access to reliable internet. However, I'm trying to figure out how licensing would work. I'm fairly confident that each student is allocated a license via their university login, which is something I can verify. However, it appears that to get an ISO, you have to provide a license up front. Is there some accepted means of creating a blank Windows 10 VM image they could load in Virtual Box and then activate with a per-user license using their own Microsoft login through the university? Is there some better alternative? The licenses don't have to be long-term, but the 90 day trial isn't quite long enough to get through a semester. I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has; thanks a lot!

:)

crm09d, Aug 6, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 7 for US students- $29.99

For a limited time, eligible college students can get the sweetest deal on Windows 7 - for only $29.99 USD.
    Hurry -- offer ends January 3, 2010 at 12:00 am CST.

Here is the link for you students in the United States:SHAREit – Download SHAREit App for Android, PC and iOS*Smile Semester-Long Windows Licenses for Students in a C# Course :)

Edit...

This may clear up some questions...Quoted from this page:Windows 7 US Online Store

"Microsoft® - The Windows 7 Academic Offer

This promotion is subject to the following terms and conditions and all participants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.

Program Description: All eligible university students are entitled to make a purchase from the promotion site as described further below.

Promotion Duration: This offer commences at 12:00AM Central Daylight Savings Time on September 15th, 2009 and all purchases must be made via the Promotion web site by 11:59AM Central Standard Time on January 3rd, 2010 at which time the offer ends.

Digital River reserves the right to extend or terminate this promotion at anytime.

Promotion Eligibility: This offer is good only to eligible students who attend an educational institution geographically located in the United States. This offer is non-transferable. Only one product may be purchased per eligible student (but not required).

The following conditions serve to define student eligibility for the Promotion:

1. .edu: Individual must possess a valid e-mail address at a U.S. educational institution which contains the domain suffix .edu; OR
    Pre-Approved School List: Enrolled in a U.S. educational institution included on the pre-approved school list; OR
    Submission of school enrollment: Submit verifiable school enrollment via the validation process; AND

2. Individual must be a student at a U.S. educational institution and must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request.

Microsoft or Digital River may contact you to verify that you are a current student. If documentation is not provided indicating that you are a current student, you will be liable to reimburse Microsoft for the difference between what you paid and the estimated retail price of the software.

Microsoft, in their sole discretion, may accept other forms of validation to determine eligibility in lieu of a valid e-mail address when one is not available.

Program Description: Eligible students are allowed to purchase one license of the product below:

1. Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium

OR

2. Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional

Purchase Limitations: Eligible students may purchase no more than one license of Microsoft® Windows 7 per valid e-mail address or billing address.

Obtaining Software: Eligible students can obtain the software by downloading or ordering a disk from the official Promotion web site. The cost for ordering disk(s) is USD$13.00.

Obtaining Product Keys: Product keys will be provided on the purchase confirmation page and sent to the student's eligible educational institution email address entered into the Promotion web site during the purchase process."

95Viper, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Stan Win User

Can I upgrade a Windows 7 student licence to Windows 10?

I have a Windows 7 with a student license (it's a full license, not OEM). I want to use the free upgrade to Windows 10 and still have a valid license.

The thing is, I am no longer a student.

Reinstalling my Windows 7 has never been a problem (including activating it). But I fear that upgrading to Windows 10 could lead to my license being detected as invalid, and being cancelled. Or maybe I'll be asked to get a new "key" from my university (which I cannot do anymore, since I graduated).

Another point of concern:
    So far I have always used the same computer when reinstalling. However, now I am also changing to a new computer (old one's broken). The activation process will probably involve more steps.

Is it safe to upgrade?

Stan, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Semester-Long Windows Licenses for Students in a C# Course - Similar Threads - Semester Long Licenses

2. Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?: I am an university student and, as mentioned in the title, I would ask you if Microsoft provides an educational licenses for students. I am in particular referring about Windows 10. If any, is an unlimited license or has it an expiration time? Thank you very much.Regards....
  3. Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?: I am an university student and, as mentioned in the title, I would ask you if Microsoft provides an educational licenses for students. I am in particular referring about Windows 10. If any, is an unlimited license or has it an expiration time? Thank you very much.Regards....
  4. Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. license for home student program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    license for home student program: So bought the home student license key last yr was used on laptop and was stolen and never used how can I transfer key to the one I got now, or do I need to buy new one thanks:...
  6. license for home student program

license for home student program: So bought the home student license key last yr was used on laptop and was stolen and never used how can I transfer key to the one I got now, or do I need to buy new one thanks:...
  7. license for home student program

8. MS AZURE OS License for Students

MS AZURE OS License for Students: Hey there! So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a certain period for software. I just bought a new laptop without OS that I primarily use for Uni and like to install Windows...
  9. OS License for Students

OS License for Students: Hey there! So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a certain period for software. I just bought a new laptop without OS that I primarily use for Uni and like to install Windows...
  10. Office Home & Student 2019 Installation and License

Office Home & Student 2019 Installation and License: Can I install this software to multiple computer or do i need to buy another license for another computer even if I'm using the same Microsoft account on both computer? Any response will be appreciated, TIA!...