Windows 10: Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi

Discus and support Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to be able to message to my iPhone over home wifi, even if internet is off. Please advise. I can do this now by sending a text using email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Atom1, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Atom1 Win User

Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi

I would like to be able to message to my iPhone over home wifi, even if internet is off. Please advise. I can do this now by sending a text using email protocol, but it's too slow. I want something that is instantaneous.

Thanks.

:)

Atom1, Aug 25, 2020
  2. TimStone Win User

Cortana, iPhone and Text messaging

No, you do not have this correct.

When I sent a text message with Cortana on my desktop, it sent it through my secondary Windows phone.

I want it to send text messages using my iPhone number.

I understand this feature is working with Cortana with Android. Is it possible to make it work with Cortana for iOS.

Many applications on the iPhone use my Microsoft Account. Therefore it would make sense that I should see the iPhone on the device list even if it is not a Microsoft product.

TimStone, Aug 25, 2020
  3. nuspieds Win User
    Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

Hi,

I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS.

I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." message.

All the tutorials I found and followed are all pre-FCU but are obviously close enough for me to perform, but I'm thinking there must still be some setting or the other I am missing? The Cortana app on my iPhone is newly-installed so it's not a question of it needing an update.

Does anyone have this working with iOS?

Thanks very much.

nuspieds, Aug 25, 2020
  4. simon80W Win User

can't send an image in a text message...

I can send images in text messages to an iPhone but every time i try to send it to a Samsung Galaxy S5 I get a 'Cannot send please try again' message...but I can receive images from that phone too. Any suggestions?

simon80W, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi - Similar Threads - Send text message

2. Windows 10 send and receive text from iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 send and receive text from iPhone: Windows 10 send and receive text from iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-send-and-receive-text-from-iphone/3435e3d2-58e8-4695-9645-ac90011efa28
  3. Windows 10 send and receive text from iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 send and receive text from iPhone: Windows 10 send and receive text from iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-send-and-receive-text-from-iphone/3435e3d2-58e8-4695-9645-ac90011efa28
  4. [Query]Send text/images from Windows 10 laptop to iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Query]Send text/images from Windows 10 laptop to iPhone: Hiya, I am looking for any app that allows me to send text/images etc. from my Win 10 laptop (Chrome extension is also fine) to iPhone? In Android I can use PushBullet which is absent in iPhone so any other options out there? I am on Win 10 ver 2004. 166241
  5. Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone

Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone: Is there an app or a workaround that will allow me to send and receive text massages on Win 10 through my iPhone like Your Phone does with android devices?...
  6. Is there a way to link an IPhone and send texts from my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to link an IPhone and send texts from my PC: Having trouble getting this to work submitted by /u/ds1749320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9v9ra/is_there_a_way_to_link_an_iphone_and_send_texts/
  7. Send Windows 10 Desktop Notifications to iPhone

Send Windows 10 Desktop Notifications to iPhone: Is it possible to do this anymore? I research online and it says you can do this through Cortana, but the "Sync Notifications Between Devices" option is gone. I just would like to have any notifications that happen on my desktop while I'm AFK to be pushed to my iPhone. Any...
  8. Backup iPhone text message

Backup iPhone text message: Hi all, this scumbag Coronavirus took my brother from me on Wednesday night. I guess I was lucky in that I was able to converse via text message during the previous days and as I'm sure you can imagine, I would be crushed if I lost these messages. Is there anything available...
  9. Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC: Windows version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.476) I have an iPhone 6s, and there are some very, very, long text message conversations on there that I'd like to be able to read through on my PC for the sake of convenience. I've already backed up my iPhone to the PC, but the files...
  10. Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

Cortana Not Sending Text Messages: Hi, I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS. I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a...