Windows 10: Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop

Discus and support Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out if there is a way to send and receive faxes using Windows 10. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveCastillo2, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to send and receive faxes using Windows 10. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

:)

SteveCastillo2, Sep 28, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User

Fax problem, can't receive but can send

So this is at work...

We have a fax machine, though old it is working well. Then we have a box where the fax is plugged into (the telephone line cable, plugged into "Fax"), plugged into the box also is the computer's Faxmodem (plugged into Line-In) and, for backup purposes (we are a grocery store) the credit card thing checker (interact?) is plugged into "Modem".

So this Setup worked up until last week, when we had a problem with the internet and the credit card thing automatically started using the Fax's line (good thing). So then a guy came to repair the internet. After that, I was starting to transfer everything from the old PC to a new PC I just made for them. I tried the faxmodem, but it did not seem to work. It didn't matter really, because we need to install the accounting program on the new one, so we weren't going to use it for at least another week. So I put back the Faxmodem into the old PC, and:

We can send faxes alright
    We CAN'T receive them anymore through the PC (well we did once but we don't know how it got through *Confused Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop :confused:)

The usual pop-up saying we are receiving a fax pops up, but then it says there is an error. something like "error, cannot receive the fax" or something... the error appears after 1 minute or so of attempting to receive it.

No settings have been changed, and everything is plugged in like before, the fax works normally, only when it get to the computer that it does not. If we unplug the computer, it prints in the fax machine.

Any suggestions for fixing this problem?

n-ster, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Faxing

Hi Arlene,

To isolate the issue about sending a fax message directly from your laptop, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to send a fax message from your laptop?
    • Are there any error codes that appear when you send a fax message?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Sep 28, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop

Fax

it's internet fax. you receive as pdfs via email and can send from a web interface or other options.
    some internet fax services let you install a virtual printer that sends the print output as fax

W1zzard, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop

1. Send and Receive Faxes on my laptop - Similar Threads - Send Receive Faxes

2. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  3. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...: For quite a long time now, we cannot send faxes via Windows Fax and Scan to any machine/server that answers the call without ringing but immediately answers with a fax tone. Our end will never initiate the send and returns a "No Answer" response. I can always manually send...
  4. Windows fax and scan send results in "No answer" if receiving machine send fax tone without...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. bluetooth on my laptop is not sending or receiving document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth on my laptop is not sending or receiving document: My bluetooth device is not sending or receiving documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-on-my-laptop-is-not-sending-or-receiving/343f0f9d-bdd2-4c58-9a0f-bd88bd6817bd
  6. bluetooth on my laptop is not sending or receiving document

bluetooth on my laptop is not sending or receiving document: My bluetooth device is not sending or receiving documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-on-my-laptop-is-not-sending-or-receiving/343f0f9d-bdd2-4c58-9a0f-bd88bd6817bd
  7. recieving and sending faxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recieving and sending faxes: i want to get rid of my home phone..Will I be able to send and recieve faxes? I am not too good on computer.so please simple/easy directions...THANK you.I just added a new printer with help from hp,and they had to add a driver? i already had a working printer not sure why...
  8. receive a fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    receive a fax: cannot receive fax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receive-a-fax/eb196891-f121-40c7-8343-feda0d7dc190
  9. SETTING UP MY HP COMPUTER TO SEND AND RECEIVE A FAX

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SETTING UP MY HP COMPUTER TO SEND AND RECEIVE A FAX: UNAWARE OF MY NAME OF MY NETWORK ADDRESS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-my-hp-computer-to-send-and-receive-a/3af12124-1903-4041-9e66-3d365ba05002"
  10. receive a fax to my laptop

receive a fax to my laptop: is there a program in Microsoft office that will allow me to receive a fax. I do not need to send just receive? Moved from: (Office | More Office apps | Windows 10 | Unknown/other)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will my laptop send faxes

2. how to setup laptop to send and receive faxes

3. how do I send a fax in office 365

4. how to receive and send faxes from my laptop