Windows 10: Send attachment from windows context menu

Discus and support Send attachment from windows context menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone can help me find a way to add an email client to the Send To context menu in Windows 10? Here's what I want to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Narpstar, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Narpstar Win User

Send attachment from windows context menu

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me find a way to add an email client to the Send To context menu in Windows 10?

Here's what I want to be able to do:

1. Right click file or files
    2. Choose Send To> Mail Client
    3. Have a blank email draft open with the files attached

The reason I want to be able to do this is because the current method takes longer. See below:

1. Open Mail Client
    2. Select New Mail
    3. Select Attach
    4. Navigate to files
    5. Select files

Currently there is a "Mail Recipient" within the context menu, but it is not compatible with any of the mail clients I've used (Gmail app, Windows Mail app, Mailbird). I've tried adding these to the SendTo folder in WindowsApps, but this only opens the app, not a blank email with the files already attached.

Anyone know a way? Thank in advance.

:)

Narpstar, Feb 20, 2016
  2. Jsssssssss, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Recycle bin missing from send-to Context menu

Hi Ozzie, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis.

Microsoft for some unknown reason removed the Recycle Bin from the Context Menu though you can add it back in.

This should help:

How to Add Empty Recycle Bin to Context Menu in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/90558-add-e...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, the easiest way is simply to add a shortcut to your mail client in 'Sendto'.

Win key + R, type
    shell:sendto
    in the box, Enter

The Sendto folder should open.

Drag 'n drop/create a shortcut to your mail client into it.

This works for me.. so if I rt click a file, then Sendto, click the short cut to my email client (Thunderbird) it opens with the attachment ready for an email to be drafted.

Noted you said this didn't work for you... maybe you did sthg different.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Narpstar Win User
    Thanks Dalchina,

As I said in my first post, I have tried adding Gmail, WIndows mail app, and Mailbird to the SendTo folder, but this only opens the app, not a blank email with the files already attached.

Is there an email client you know will work in this way? I'm happy to switch to another client if it will allow this functionality.

Narpstar, Feb 20, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Thunderbird works.. can't speak for the others. Maybe you replied before I added that info.

Yes, Win 10's Email Recipient doesn't seem to do what we want.

Send attachment from windows context menu [​IMG]

Simply added a shortcut to Thunderbird in Sendto

See the file bottom rt? Rt click, Sendto, Thunderbird & you'll see the attachment.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2016
  7. As I am trying to do a similar thing in a different way, I can help you with this one as I have already gotten it to work.
    I am using Outlook though and that may not be an option for you. If you have Outlook with a working account, the key to all this is to use a "layout" called ipm.note. And once you get started on learning all that twists to that one, there are many that are barely documents such as using the & sign to fill in the subject and body along with the sender's name. Getting the recipient is easy enough. One completed, the string I devised does everything but hit send. But it is a complex way to accomplish this so unless you use it a lot, it will take some time to get it to work as needed.
    There is another tool called BLAT which may be easier for you but I wanted specifically to use Outlook.

questorfla, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Send attachment from windows context menu - Similar Threads - Send attachment context

2. remove Bluetooth on "Send To" context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Bluetooth on "Send To" context menu: How about this one? Is there a way to remove Bluetooth on the "Send To" context menu? [img] 172250
  3. Sending attachments

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending attachments: Anytime I try to send or receive a photo i get the message the this attachment may contain a dangerous virus so windows has decided to shut the attachment why. My Norton tells me there are no viruses in my system so why is Microsoft telling me otherwise...
  4. Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 You will see the Send to context menu when you right click on a file or folder in Windows. The Send to context...
  5. Attachments not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attachments not sending: Hi there Why is it that sometimes my attachments don't send to the recipients even when I've double checked that they're there before hitting send? How can I prevent this from hapenning? Kit...
  6. Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu: Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!! Thanks for help! 37177
  7. Add Quick Launch to Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Quick Launch to Send to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Quick Launch to Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Launch from Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Quick Launch toolbar is located on the taskbar when added, and is a convenient way to open programs. You can...
  8. Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to...
  9. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  10. Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Send to Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device,...