Windows 10: Send mail as "name"

Discus and support Send mail as "name" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My wife and I have separate Gmail email addresses on our PC and I am the account holder. Recently there has been a change in her emails and whereas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alan J#, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Alan J# Win User

Send mail as "name"

My wife and I have separate Gmail email addresses on our PC and I am the account holder. Recently there has been a change in her emails and whereas they are sent from her own email address the from "name" shown is mine and not hers. If she sends emails from her phone they are correct so it only seems to be the PC where the from name has changed recently. I have logged in to Gmail, Accounts and Imports - and the send mail as "name" in her account is correct so again it looks as though Windows 10 on the PC is altering the from "name". How can I alter the settings please?

:)

Alan J#, Feb 2, 2020

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Feb 2, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Alfred001 Win User

Send mail as "name"

Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address.

When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from gmail via Mail it always just shows the e-mail address, not the name.

On the other hand, all hotmail accounts I use show the name fine.

I checked in manage accounts->change mailbox sync settings and both accounts have "send your messages using this name" specified correctly, but the name still doesn't show.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Alfred001, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Send mail as "name"

1. Send mail as "name" - Similar Threads - Send mail name

2. Windows mail not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail not sending: Emails are appearing in my sent folder with "none" and "no subject" in the recipient and subject fields. This is happening only with my Yahoo email address. My msn account is sending normally. I've deleted and reinstalled the account but this has not solved the problem. I...
  3. Mail app "send as" name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app "send as" name: [ATTACH] Hi all, I can't seem to figure out how to change the "send as" name for individual accounts in the Mail app. Nothing I find online seems to work; I don't have the option in my settings. Any ideas?...
  4. sending e .mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending e .mails: hello I just cant send any e.mails I can receive , ,,, but get no-where sending thank-you roger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-e-mails/4c8be193-d0b2-44ea-bc4a-0bafd25da1a2
  5. Mail App send your messages using this name

Mail App send your messages using this name: Hi Community, Since updating windows 10 and adding all my accounts back into the Mail app the option to : "send your messages using this name" had vanished from the sync options. Where can this now be found? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails

Windows 10 mail showing the wrong display name when sending e-mails: I've had this issue for a while and anything I've done to fix the problem hasn't worked. Basically, I have two linked Gmail accounts on windows mail, one which is my microsoft account and the other a more recent addition. The old microsoft account used to have a username as...
  7. sending mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending mail: i have a box come up telling me i must delete messages so i can send as it is full, i have done this but still will not allow me to send anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-mail/b2802ca4-cbe0-48f6-9935-e8c7fa0065af
  8. Mail not sending!

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not sending!: Eventually decided to ‘retire’ my tried, trusted and tested 11-year-old XP computer and dive into Windows-10...for general use Struggling just a tad with the (not so) subtle differences between XP and W10 especially with the email element! Old habits die hard... I have...
  9. Problem with sending mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with sending mail: I faced up an issue when tried to send e-mails. I had set up iCloud email account in Windows 10 Mail and have no problem with receiving mails but cannot send them.I receive an error message and the letter comes to Drafts folder....
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...