Windows 10: Send, Receive all folders, Win 10, Outlook, 2016

Discus and support Send, Receive all folders, Win 10, Outlook, 2016 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I send and receive email messages, how do I keep the "send receive all folders" command from "synchronizing all subscribed folders" when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rich Mercer, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Send, Receive all folders, Win 10, Outlook, 2016

When I send and receive email messages, how do I keep the "send receive all folders" command from "synchronizing all subscribed folders" when I activate this command in the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" window? As is, this is a very slow process and resulted from the reset of my computer and the reinstall of Win 10 and Office 365. This did not occur before the reset so I must have change a setting.

:)

Rich Mercer, Jan 12, 2019

2. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Jan 12, 2019
  3. CMOORE100 Win User
    How to stop Win 10 with Outlook sending attachments as Winmail.dat

WIN 10 (64 bit) with OUTLOOK 2016 send E-Mails which some recipients are unable to open or read.

The problem most commonly encountered, to judge from many internet pleas for help, is that normal e-mail messages are sent and received satisfactorily but attachments – whatever their file extensions – are sometimes apparently not sent or not openable. There are also reports that some e-mail main texts are apparently not sent or not openable. This note is based specifically on WIN 10(64) plus OUTLOOK 2016, but my extensive reading for a solution has revealed that other WIN / OUTLOOK issue combinations also give rise to the same or similar problem. It may therefore well be possible that the following actions will also be of assistance with these.
    The root problem is that OUTLOOK sometimes encodes messages and/or attachments as WINMAIL.dat files and sends these. Many non-MS mail programs can not recognise and/or open these. WINMAIL.dat is a format used in times past for sending Rich Text Format (RTF) messages. I am uncertain why MS persists with this heritage I have found in limited testing that some ISPs seem to receive OUTLOOK attachments OK (because these are sent as their original files with “normal” extensions) whereas another ISP appears to prompt their conversion to WINMAIL.dat and then can not open them. I have, by the way, eliminated any possibility that the problem stems from my receiving computer. My accounts are of the “web based” type and I can open my E-mail boxes by web access direct to the ISP.
    My testing (not comprehensive) has shown that when OUTLOOK is used to send attachments to a Gmail.com account they are received OK but when the exact same attachments are sent to a BTInternet.com they are received as WINMAIL.dat encoded files. It is thus doubly unsatisfactory in that one can not rely on the receipt of attachments sometimes, but not always.
    Here are the 3 steps I took :- 1.. Modify the registry to inhibit generation of Winmail.dat files. To do this a.. Open program REGEDIT (Windows key plus R) b.. Go to Computer/ HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Office/16.0/Outlook/Preferences c.. Create a new DWORD(32bit) called Disable TNEF
    d.. Enter a value of 1 ie.0x00000001 (1) e.. Exit Regedit 2.. Set up OUTLOOK so as NOT to send messages in RTF format. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens.
    c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES f.. Find CHANGE EDITING SETTINGS g.. Select PLAIN TEXT format option in box. (HTML option may also be OK but RICH TEXT FORMAT – RTF – must NOT be selected). h.. Close the MAIL options page(s).
    3.. Set up OUTLOOK not to auto-complete addressees and empty the auto complete cache. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens. c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES
    f.. Select SEND MESSAGES section. g. UNCHECK box labelled “Use auto complete list to suggest names when typing To/cc/bcc lines”. h.. Find and SLCk the “Empty auto complete list” i.. SLCk YES in response to “ARE YOU SURE” pop-up box j.. There is no apparent response to step i. k.. Close OUTLOOK mail option page(s). l.. For good measure re-start the PC.

Notes : i.. At step 3e with OUTLOOK 2013 scroll to SENDING MESSAGES section. ii.. In OUTLOOK 2003 and 2007 for procedure section 2 : iia.. Access OPTIONS from the tools menu iib.. Click MAIL FORMAT tab iic.. Click INTERNET FORMAT iid. Under Outlook Rich Text Options click either Convert to HTML format or Convert to Plain Text format. Get rid of any reference to RTF.
    iii. This note is written based on Win 10(64bit) plus Outlook 2016. Other OS/Outlook versions may vary in function and detail.
    iv.. Some versions of OUTLOOK provide for the message sending format to be varied between addressees in the address book. To check for this each address book entry needs to be examined from its PROPERTIES values. These should be opened and set to HTML or PLAIN TEXT and never RTF (or TNEF). v.. With my problem the solution was achieved after step 3. It appears that the auto-complete cache “remembers” previous settings and hence it needs to be deleted.
    vi.. Step 3 was the vital action and was kindly contributed by Caledon Ken at TEN FORUMS I will mark the thread as resolved after further evaluation, but am highly optimistic. .

CMOORE100, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Send, Receive all folders, Win 10, Outlook, 2016

OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

hockeypuck, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Send, Receive all folders, Win 10, Outlook, 2016

1. Send, Receive all folders, Win 10, Outlook, 2016 - Similar Threads - Send Receive folders

2. Outlook 2016 Win-10 Cannot send email to one address

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Win-10 Cannot send email to one address: Hello, Started getting the following error while trying to send email via Outlook 2016. Tried to send to the same email from WebMail and was able to do so. Mail provider says (i think they're right) its an Outlook issue. Windows - 19042.1110, 20H2...
  3. Outlook can't send but can receive

Outlook can't send but can receive: Windows 20H2 MS Outlook 365 16.0.13901.20276 I had cause to restore my system after a system failure. All was restored OK except MS Outlook 365. After fiddling around for a while I have got all my folders restored and can now successfully receive mail. But I can't send. What...
  4. Outlook send/receive problem

Outlook send/receive problem: I am running Office 2016 on my desktop Windows PC. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Since then I have been having intermittent problems with Outlook. When I boot-up, open Outlook, and do a send/receive, it always works perfectly. After being open for some...
  5. Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.: Windows 10 did an update in August and ever since then, I am getting error messages for sending and receiving e-mails in Outlook and anytime I try to do something, I have to enter my password. I have tried to reconfigure the e-mail, and set up a new account. but now it...
  6. Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.: Outlook is not receiving or sending messages. I have tried reinstall etc. but no success. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-is-not-receiving-or-sending-messages/4a430084-9960-4310-bc97-f981fac4e19c
  7. Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.: I now get "Network Operation Failed" and below that, "Error with send/receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error: 80041004" This Outlook install is part of Office 2010. Everything was running fine until this morning. I did a lot of searching...
  8. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...
  9. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  10. Send/Receive for Outlook 2016 slow after latest update

in Browsers and Email
    Send/Receive for Outlook 2016 slow after latest update: I think it happened after the latest update but whenever Outlook sends and receives email off my gmail account there is a long pause (about 30-45 seconds) before it starts to download and completes. It's not too bad, but I would like to get it back to where it download worked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. send receive all folders

2. outlook window send/receive all folders

3. send/receive all folders outlook

4. send/receive all folders,
  5. what is the send/receive all folders tab for,
  6. outlook 2016 send/receive all folders problem