Windows 10: Send sound to different audio devices in Window 10

Discus and support Send sound to different audio devices in Window 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have multiple audio devices so I want app or programs to send sound to different devices. for example, I want sound from game program send to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeonChan, Sep 2, 2019.

1. LeonChan Win User

Send sound to different audio devices in Window 10

I have multiple audio devices so I want app or programs to send sound to different devices.
    for example, I want sound from game program send to my bluetooth speaker/handset but the youtube playing send to the window pc internal speaker. Any way easy to do that?
    I ask this because sometimes the program will choose the wrong device and I cannot change it.

:)

LeonChan, Sep 2, 2019

2. Unable to access the sound from other audio device after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the playback device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to change in audio settings/ corrupted or outdated drivers, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to connect the audio device to your computer and change the below settings.

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the audio device you connected in, in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: Isuggest you to update the audio drivers.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 2, 2019
  4. redant17 Win User

Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Win 10 on a Gigabyte Z170X mobo. This board has Creative Soundblaster audio as well as the Intel chipset audio that goes out HDMI cable. Both were working but at some point the system sent some audio to the monitor instead of the Creative device which goes
    to external speakers.

So I selected "disable" on the two Intel audio devices (one for HDMI, one for display miniport). Instead of appearing "disabled" they simply disappeared from the sound configuration list. They remain in the Devices list and are listed as "enabled". But
    since they are no longer listed in the Control Panel sound configuration settings, I can't turn them back on. Rebooting made no difference: still listed as enabled devices, but still not present in Control Panel sound settings.

I'd like to get the Intel devices back so I have the option of using them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.

redant17, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Send sound to different audio devices in Window 10 - Similar Threads - Send sound different

2. Different sound levels in the same device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different sound levels in the same device: So I've been trying out my Razer Nommo Chroma I bought 2 days ago, and it sounded great but now it sounds so quiet, even at 100 volume. I was checking the speakers properties and found that the levels are different as shown in the screenshot, it's the only device where I get...
  3. Different sound levels in the same device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different sound levels in the same device: So I've been trying out my Razer Nommo Chroma I bought 2 days ago, and it sounded great but now it sounds so quiet, even at 100 volume. I was checking the speakers properties and found that the levels are different as shown in the screenshot, it's the only device where I get...
  4. Different sound levels in the same device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Send audio to 2 audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send audio to 2 audio devices: Hi there!I want to send the audio that goes to my oculus Oculus virtual headset device to also play on the laptop speakers. I searched and found that you can do that by using stereo mix on the control panel, but it didnt appear even after enabling "view unnabled devices"....
  6. Send audio to 2 audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send audio to 2 audio devices: Hi there!I want to send the audio that goes to my oculus Oculus virtual headset device to also play on the laptop speakers. I searched and found that you can do that by using stereo mix on the control panel, but it didnt appear even after enabling "view unnabled devices"....
  7. my audio suddenly sounded different this morning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio suddenly sounded different this morning.: when i woke up, i started my pc as usual and started playing. but for some reason the audio sounded more distant and echoey. at first i thought the problem came from my headphones or the cable, but when i switched to my earbuds it was the same issue. how do i fix this????...
  8. No sound/ audio device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound/ audio device: I accidentally shut my laptop while it was updating now I have no sound at all. I have tried multiple fixes, and some of them I can’t even try because there is “no audio device installed”. I need help very badly and am not sure what to do anymore. Thank you! Windows 10...
  9. Send sound to different audio devices in Window 10

Send sound to different audio devices in Window 10: I have multiple audio devices so I want app or programs to send sound to different devices. for example, I want sound from game program send to my bluetooth speaker/handset but the youtube playing send to the window pc internal speaker. Any way easy to do that? I ask this...
  10. App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.

App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.: As the subject says I have been having this trouble when trying to route the audio for programs to different devices it doesn't work. I can choose the device but it doesn't actually change where the audio is going. I have already tried closing the program and restarting it in...