Windows 10: Send to Compressed Zipped Folder not working for data larger than certain size

Discus and support Send to Compressed Zipped Folder not working for data larger than certain size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to use 'Send to Compressed Zipped Folder' to zip up different folders. The size of those folders ranging from a few MB to more 1 GB. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Quickpicker, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Send to Compressed Zipped Folder not working for data larger than certain size

I have tried to use 'Send to Compressed Zipped Folder' to zip up different folders. The size of those folders ranging from a few MB to more 1 GB. I notice that if the folder size is larger certain size, it would not work. It simply no response after you select the option. I can see from tasks manager that the Windows Explorer process did try to run as the process spiked up on CPU usage. But after a few seconds. It disappeared from the list.I did try to zip up other folders of smaller size. It worked perfectly. So, I pretty sure there is a size limit of something.Is anyone have similar experien

:)

Quickpicker, Aug 6, 2021
  2. BulldogXX Win User

compressed Zip Folders

The word 'zip' means compressed. So calling something a zip compressed folder is redundant ;-)

The term originated with a very popular, old file compression program called Pkzip, which used the file extension .zip

All photos lose data when compressed; some more, some less, depending on the photo's format. Most popular photo formats used today - like .jpeg - are already compressed, so compressing them further won't reduce their file size much.

Here's something very important to know about compressing photos: Compression works by discarding redundant pixels - that's why the file size becomes smaller. Once discarded, those pixels can never be recovered, which means the quality of the image will
    suffer if you compress it too much or too often.

BulldogXX, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Yun_9090 Win User
    File->Send to->Compressed (zipped) folder

Do I need to change the filename from "Compressed (zipped) folder.ZFSendToTarget" to "Compressed (zipped) folder.zip"? Otherwise, I cannot see the menu option File->Send to->Compressed (zipped) folder.

Yun_9090, Aug 6, 2021
  4. Yun_9090 Win User

Send to Compressed Zipped Folder not working for data larger than certain size

File->Send to->Compressed (zipped) folder

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I followed your direction as given and saw "Compressed (zipped) folder" in both cases.

However, after executing the third instruction, the "Compressed (zipped) folder" menu option is no longer available from File->Send to menu option. Also, when I re-execute
    shell:sendto, "Compressed (zipped) folder" is showing as "Compressed (zipped) folder.ZFSendToTarget"

More help would be appreciated.

Yun_9090, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Send to Compressed Zipped Folder not working for data larger than certain size

1. Send to Compressed Zipped Folder not working for data larger than certain size - Similar Threads - Send Compressed Zipped

2. send to compressed zip not workin

in Windows 10 Customization
    send to compressed zip not workin: In the SendTo Share tab I the zip icon is greyed out.orWhen I go to windows explorer and click a file that i want to zip up the option to create a zip file is not there...
  3. Compressed zipped folders Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressed zipped folders Error: I am attempting to open a zipped folder that I recently completed downloading this is actually about my 5th attempt at this, I even bought an external hard drive thinking that my computer might not have enough space, and yet ... I keep getting the same Windows error...
  4. File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder

File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder: Hi, File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder is no longer working on my surface which has windows 10. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-send-to-compressed-zipped-folder/ac0b441c-bb10-4f4e-91b9-3e0876439133
  5. Compressed zipped folders error

Compressed zipped folders error: Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error". I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't tried to open or compress any files....
  6. Compressed zipped Folders

Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...
  7. Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder: I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program. Thanks....
  8. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when trying to compress any folder on my Windows 10 Computer why? How do I fix the below message? Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied....
  9. Compressed Zipped Folder Errors

Compressed Zipped Folder Errors: Hi there, I keep getting a 'Compressed Zipped Folders Error' message when trying to open a file. It has never happened before. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks....
  10. Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder Icon in Windows The drives. Compressed (zipped) files and/or folders take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly...