Windows 10: Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

Discus and support Send to - Desktop (create shortcut) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Popyacap, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Popyacap Win User

Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon and can immediately make the shortcut to the desktop without sliding the menu out. i never use any of the other shortcuts and i'm pretty sure i figured this out in XP days. This is on Windows 10, latest build that i know of as of writing this on July 29, 2020. Please keep in mind i have been looking for a while on this and i am convinced it's a matter of writing the right thing at the right spot in the registry. Thank you.

:)

Popyacap, Jul 30, 2020
  2. OK2LA Win User

Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

All we have to do is drag the app to the desktop...Voila!

OK2LA, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys and Type "shell:sendto" in
      RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open "Send To" folder.
    • Now right-click on blank area in the folder and select "New -> Text document". It'll create a text file with the name "New Text Document.txt". Rename this file and set its name to "Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink".
    • That's it. Now you'll get "Desktop (create shortcut)" option back in "Send To" menu.
    NOTE: Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" option is disabled in "Folder
    Options"

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Send to - Desktop (create shortcut) - Similar Threads - Send Desktop create

2. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  3. Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut: I am creating a new thread since my original problem "Unable to create Desktop Short cut nor New Folder in Windows 10" has been closed as solved. Wanted to report the following for those who responded to the problem: Feedback Report I have logged as Administrator and found...
  4. Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders: Hi, I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Ztruker asked: You asked...
  5. cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders: Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows...
  6. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  7. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  8. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  9. Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows: How to: Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows How to Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows The drives. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for the Send to > Desktop (create shortcut) context menu item to any icon...
  10. Trouble creating a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble creating a desktop shortcut: The program WinsSCP comes with 2 executables: WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com. I am trying to create desktop shortcuts for each. I had no trouble creating one for the .exe file but Windows won't create for the .com file. If I go to its folder, click and drag it to the desktop,...