Windows 10: send to email recipient not fully working with Thunderbird

Discus and support send to email recipient not fully working with Thunderbird in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a client who has been using an all in one printer to scan a document, it saves the PDF in a folder, opens Thunderbird (default email), the Write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rafisher1, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

send to email recipient not fully working with Thunderbird

I have a client who has been using an all in one printer to scan a document, it saves the PDF in a folder, opens Thunderbird (default email), the Write window opens with the PDF attached.

It worked day before yesterday, but yesterday morning it saved the scanned PDF to the folder and stopped at opening Thunderbird. The Write window did not open with the PDF attached.

After fully updating the Win 7 Pro computer, and doing clean up maintenance, malware checks, and running SFC /scannow, it still did not work. I went through all of the settings in Thunderbird many times.

I bypassed the all in one printer scanner routine and right clicked on the PDF in the folder. Thunderbird opened, but the Write window did not open with the PDF attached.

Thunderbird is up to date, and that version works on my computer doing the same action.

I read online many people over time having this issue but the solutions did not help. Further, many had uninstalled T-Bird and reinstalled with no improvement, so I did not do that assuming the issue was within Windows.

:)

Rafisher1, Feb 28, 2019
  2. evhid1 Win User

Thunderbird Email Problem

Every time I send email with Thunderbird I put multiple recipients in the Bcc: section and no one in the To: section and that is what is shown. However, when the people I'm sending it to get the email everyone is in the To: line and they can see everyone else's email address. Is there a fix for this, or did I set something wrong in Thunderbird?

evhid1, Feb 28, 2019
  3. thunderbird contacts

Hi:

So, if I understand your question correctly, you would like to know how to address a Thunderbird email message to multiple recipients from your contact list?

I do not use Outlook or OE or WLM or any other MS email client, but....

...for Thunderbird, the easiest way to address an email is to type the name of the recipient in the To: field and let Thunderbird auto-complete.

But there are other ways to do this, including selecting addresses from the Contacts Pane and creating a "mailing list" for a group of recipients, as explained here:

Addressing an Email | Thunderbird Help
    Enter email addresses - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
    Mailing lists - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

I hope this helps,

MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 28, 2019
  4. evhid1 Win User

Thunderbird Email Problem

We all end up on the "To:" line
    And another thing, it always puts two send emails in the send folder, /?

evhid1, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. send to email recipient not fully working with Thunderbird - Similar Threads - send email recipient

2. Sending file to email recipient not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending file to email recipient not working in Windows 11: I like having offline access to images, but the standard image size is larger for my iPhone than I'd like. I learned long ago that if you forward the image as an attachment in File Explorer, it reduces the size of the image and places it in a Temp folder, making it easier to...
  3. Sending file to email recipient not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sending file to email recipient not working in Windows 11: I like having offline access to images, but the standard image size is larger for my iPhone than I'd like. I learned long ago that if you forward the image as an attachment in File Explorer, it reduces the size of the image and places it in a Temp folder, making it easier to...
  4. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  5. Remove SendTo email Recipient and email Recipient [as attachment].

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove SendTo email Recipient and email Recipient [as attachment].: When using Snip & Sketch [ and the Snipping Tool I think ] yesterday I noticed that there was a Context Menu option to SendTo email Recipient and email Recipient [as attachment]. Is there any way to remove these please? I suppose I could always use the shell:sendto Delete...
  6. Send to mail recipient not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send to mail recipient not working: I use the "send to mail recipient" in the past by highlighting files, right click and selecting "send to mail recipient". An email would open in outlook with the files as attachments. When I do this now file explorer closes and no email is created. I have windows 10 and use...
  7. Send to mail recipient not working Windows 10

Send to mail recipient not working Windows 10: Send to email recipient from right click wasn't working. Went throught suggested proccess to delete and re-write the MailRecipient.MAPIMail file and it doesn't even show up when I Right click/send to now. Also cannot send file from within Applications....
  8. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  9. Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?: My ISP claims it's not their mail server... So is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails? I have a very fast broadband connection. Just curious. *really 125520
  10. windows send-to -> mail recipient doesn't work

windows send-to -> mail recipient doesn't work: Hi I've looked into this quite a bit already and there seem to be no good solutions (not many people with my particular error message). Some people say to use the new share context menu item but I already removed it (from my context menu) because it's other functions are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recipients cannot read my sent libra document from thunderbird help