Windows 10: Send To Menu

Discus and support Send To Menu in Cortana to solve the problem; I added a python script to the shell:sendto folder and print sys.argv when calling it through the menu but argv seems to be empty.So how does windows... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Pizza98, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Pizza98 Win User

Send To Menu

I added a python script to the shell:sendto folder and print sys.argv when calling it through the menu but argv seems to be empty.So how does windows give information to the programm?

:)

Pizza98, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Send To Menu [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. Try3 Win User

Send To Menu

How to turn "Send to" menu to just "Send it to Desktop"

What you want to do is a two-step operation.
    1 Add Send it to Desktop to your context menu.
    2 Remove SendTo from your context menu.

This is a manual alteration that will help you do step one.
    add Move to a specific folder to the context menu - TenForums
    and this addresses step two
    Add or Remove Send to Context Menu - TenForumsTutorials

There are also various utilities to help you change the context menu
    Winaero Tweaker - I get the impression from other members that this is a very highly regarded tool.
    How to customize your Windows PC with Winaero Tweaker - PCWorld

See also
    Context Menu Editors - WindowsClub
    10 Best Context Menu Editors - SysTweak

Best of luck,
    Denis

Welcome to TenForums.

It's really worth making time to browse through the Tutorial index - there's a shortcut to it at the top of every page.- At the foot of the Tutorial index is a shortcut to download it as a spreadsheet.
    - I download a new copy each month.
    - By downloading it as a spreadsheet I can benefit from Excel's excellent filtering capabilities when I search for topics of interest.- Tutorials are also listed by category at Tutorials - there's also a shortcut to that at the top of every page.
    - Both tutorial lists are searchable.
    - You can also search for TenForumsTutorials in many general search engines, such as Google, by adding site:tenforums.com/tutorials after your search term. For example,
    taskbar toolbars site:tenforums.com/tutorials

You can search TenForums using the search box in the top-right corner of all TenForums webpages or using Advanced Search - TenForums
    - You can also search TenForums threads in many general search engines, such as Google, by adding site:tenforums.com after your search term. For example,
    Search for drivers by HardwareID site:tenforums.com
    - [This is what the search box in the top-right corner of TenForums webpages does automatically]

Thema:

Send To Menu

1. Send To Menu - Similar Threads - Send Menu

2. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut: I managed to put WhatsApp shortcut in "Send To Menu"; to help in sending attachments directly from their folders. When I open the menu folder, I find the shortcut there, but when I try to R-Click > Send To a file, the short cut is not there in the menu. How can I fix this?...
  3. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut: I managed to put WhatsApp shortcut in "Send To Menu"; to help in sending attachments directly from their folders. When I open the menu folder, I find the shortcut there, but when I try to R-Click > Send To a file, the short cut is not there in the menu. How can I fix this?...
  4. Send To Menu - Adding App's Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...: microsoft office 365 family. Just updated outlook app, and my file menu option or send/receive menu item both missing. Trying to get send received back, but don't have access to options, without the file button. Can you assist?...
  6. outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...

outlook file menu is not available so I have no way to select options to make send receive...: microsoft office 365 family. Just updated outlook app, and my file menu option or send/receive menu item both missing. Trying to get send received back, but don't have access to options, without the file button. Can you assist?...
  7. From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...: From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file located in OneDrive as attachment? Windows 11. Just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 home. "Documents" is located in OneDrive. I want to send a file via email as an attachment. Right-click reg edit to show all on...
  8. From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...

From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file in OneDrive as attachment?...: From File Explorer right-click menu, how do you send file located in OneDrive as attachment? Windows 11. Just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 home. "Documents" is located in OneDrive. I want to send a file via email as an attachment. Right-click reg edit to show all on...
  9. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...
  10. Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11

Send to mail recipient context menu not working, unable to set it to Mail app - Windows 11: When I try to send a file from Windows Explorer I'm unable to do so due to "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control...