Windows 10: Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

Discus and support Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I find that sometimes I get bounceback "Server cannot deliver. Permanent error etc.It has been suggested that there may be a restriction on the size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RodneyButler1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

I find that sometimes I get bounceback "Server cannot deliver. Permanent error etc.It has been suggested that there may be a restriction on the size of the attachment. Any ideas?

:)

RodneyButler1, Nov 20, 2020

2. Attach a document into Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

The following are the basic steps on how you can attach an email in Windows 10 Mail:

• Open Windows Mail and create a new e-mail message.
    • Click the Attach File to Message button. (It's the paperclip icon)
    • In the Open dialogue box that appears, select the file
      you want to attach and then click Open. Browse the folders in the Open dialogue box the same way you would browse through Windows Explorer.
    • With the name of the attached file now in the Attach text box, type your e-mail message as usual.
    • Click Send button to send.

Feel free to ask back any question should you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Unable to send e mails with attachments using outlook

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are not able to send email with attachments in Outlook.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Are you trying to send mail using outlook.com or the mail app?

What is the size of the attachment you are trying to send?

If you are using mail app then I would suggest you to follow the below step,

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you send an email that exceeds the maximum email size limit of the recipient’s email provider then the mail with attachment will stay in the mailbox.

For outlook.com and Hotmail the maximum email size limit is (10MB per file attachment).For Microsoft Outlook it is 20 MB.

Reply us with more information to help you assist better.

Anup Karkal, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

Windows 10 mail is not showing attachments

Hi

1. I recently bought a HP laptop with windows 10 mail. When external parties send me e-mails with attachments, I am not receiving the attachments. How do I fix this

RajRajaramanan, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

1. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sending attachments Mail

2. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  3. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  4. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  5. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  6. Unable to send attachments using Win10 mail.

Unable to send attachments using Win10 mail.: Has the issue where mail cannot send attachments ever been resolved? I've looked through the various threads and have been unable to find the answer. Had been working for years....
  7. sending attachments with e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending attachments with e-mails: I think I hit a wrong button...somehow via being new to Windows 10 and a new computer. After I attach documents to an e-mail, I can not open the attachment to review it before sending, and when sent to a recipient, they can not open the attachment. Help....
  8. Easy Guide: How to Send an Attachment in Windows Mail in Windows 10

Easy Guide: How to Send an Attachment in Windows Mail in Windows 10: Windows Mail in Windows 10 makes easy share files with friends, family and co-workers. There are multiple ways to do it too, you can select the file in File Explorer or from within the app itself. Lets take a look at how to do that. Related: Getting Started with Windows...
  9. Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out.: Attachments attach to every e-mail I send out. how can I stop this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachments-attach-to-every-e-mail-i-send-out/19b45019-93ea-4048-8f78-fb8e1a26dcf9"
  10. Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments: Windows Mail and Calendar won't send attachments. I can attach a file, hit send, but it doesn't show whether it went out and it never comes in. I understand that perhaps some problems with Windows 10 are resolved by connecting Mail and Calendar and Windows 10 with an online...