Windows 10: Sending eMail from an app without saving a "sent" eMail

Discus and support Sending eMail from an app without saving a "sent" eMail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had asked this question at the Blue Iris forum (BI does monitoring/recording of security cams) but it might prove useful for users of other apps... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rumplestiltskin, May 15, 2021.

1. Sending eMail from an app without saving a "sent" eMail

I had asked this question at the Blue Iris forum (BI does monitoring/recording of security cams) but it might prove useful for users of other apps should this situation apply. When Blue Iris detects motion in one of the monitored security cameras, it eMails an alert with some attached photos so one might determine whether one needs to respond to the alert in some manner (ie, call the police, etc.). BI uses whatever eMail service you specify directly (and not through a Desktop eMail client). All good so far. The problem is that most eMail services (gMail, Yahoo, many others) will save a copy of the "sent" eMail in a SENT folder. So now you have to worry about filling up your mailbox with sent messages and then have to worry about deleting those SENT eMails in addition to the ones you actually receive. (either in that account or, as I do it, another account). If you're doing this on your phone, you delete the received eMail (which usually ends up in the Trash folder so you have to then empty that folder) and then you need to remember to delete the eMails that ended up in the source accounts "SENT" folder, as well. The solution was simple as soon as I figured out what eMail service could be made to NOT save SENT eMails. Remember that without doing this from a Desktop eMail client app, any rules I might add (in the app) would never be activated because I'm never running that Desktop app. So the solution was to use my iCloud mail because iCloud may be configured (up on the web) to NOT save SENT eMail. I therefore never have to log into my iCloud eMail account because nothing ever gets saved there. Hope this helps others. Barry

:)

rumplestiltskin, May 15, 2021
  2. RadCazz Win User

Tailoring Emails Sent to Multiple Contacts

Hello.

I want to send emails to multiple contacts, separated by the ; of course, but if an individual replies, that reply would only be seen by me, the original sender.

You see, I sent an email to multiple contacts and the replies were meant for me only - not for reading by the whole contact list I sent the email to. You follow?

It is rather redundant to re-type/send individual emails saying the same thing to many contacts to get individual responses.

Let's say, for example, I sent out a performance questionnaire to many contacts. I want the contacts to reply without the other contacts knowing what their responses are.

Nothing 'shady' mind you. Just want contacts to freely express their opinions/suggestions/recommendations/help.

Thanks for your input!

RadCazz, May 15, 2021
  3. Larnu Win User
    Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, May 15, 2021
  4. Nezzar Win User

Sending eMail from an app without saving a "sent" eMail

Saving sent emails

In Windows 10 email, when I send an email in an email account other than Outlook, the sent email cannot be found in the "sent mail" folder for that email account. The emails sent via Outlook are saved, but I need the sent emails from the other account
    saved as well.

Nezzar, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Sending eMail from an app without saving a "sent" eMail

1. Sending eMail from an app without saving a "sent" eMail - Similar Threads - Sending eMail app

2. Unable to send emails from Mail App, messages are stuck in Outbox, not appearing in Sent...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to send emails from Mail App, messages are stuck in Outbox, not appearing in Sent...: I am posting a tip to overcome the problem which I saw listed on the Windows Forum, but I can't reply to the question as the thread is locked and I want to reach out to people who might need a solution. I will explain the problem I faced and the solution that helped me below....
  3. A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".: We are using the Mail app, Windows 10 on the laptop not Outlook. We have no problem sending or receiving emails. The problem is we don't have a copy of what we have sent. I have tried all suggestions from Windows/Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  4. Windows Mail sending sent emails to spam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail sending sent emails to spam: Everytime I send a email gmail through the windows mail app, it stores the sent mail into the spam folder! Then, I cannot see it in the reply threads in the inbox. Help!...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:

Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:: I have upgraded to 1909 at Microsoft's suggestion but it has not solved the issue. I am not using Outlook. Can someone give me a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-is-not-saving-sent-emails/1b7ea4a2-4524-4c3c-98f3-7807b224b0cf
  6. TELNET and email security SEND email without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TELNET and email security SEND email without password: Hi folks seems some servers can allow telnet on the ISP / remote email server's port 25 without you having to enter a password -- and you can send an email Not sure what these commercial ISP servers do but is there anyway to block this if using your own domain / hosting...
  7. sending email are saved in draft folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending email are saved in draft folder: Good morning. I noticed that when I send messages through the '' windows mail '' application while it shows being sent, when I go to outllook.com they are stored in the draft(or clipboard,i don't how we translate in english). What happens?...
  8. Saving photos in email sent from iphone

in Browsers and Email
    Saving photos in email sent from iphone: Every .jpg file I receive in outlook is accompanied by an untitled attachment text file when it's sent from an iphone . EX : image.jpg Untitled Attachment xyz.txt . Many times I get emails with 20 photo attachments from relatives on vacation . Saving the photo attachments...
  9. Saving Sent Emails in Windows 10 App

Saving Sent Emails in Windows 10 App: I just recently bought and set up my new computer, using Windows 10. I added several POP3 email accounts to my Windows 10 mail app on my system. I have been using it regularly to send and receive mails; however, I just noticed that none of my sent emails are being saved...
  10. Sent Emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent Emails: Suddenly all the emails in my sent file transferred to the in box. Why. How do I get them back again there are over 2000 of them. Also everytime I want to send an email I have to put my password in? Thanks...