Windows 10: sending me back to desktop

Discus and support sending me back to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when i'm in my email or any page really, i'll be typing & all of a sudden it sends me back to my desktop & i loose everything i had been typing PLEASE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CherylEwing1, Nov 4, 2019.

1. sending me back to desktop

when i'm in my email or any page really, i'll be typing & all of a sudden it sends me back to my desktop & i loose everything i had been typing

PLEASE HELP

:)

CherylEwing1, Nov 4, 2019

2. Cortana on Android and sending SMS from the desktop.

Hello Rick,

Please provide more information before we proceed.

• Does this issue occurs while sending message to all phone or is it particular while sending message to specific phone?
    • Does this issue occurs while sending message from phone to Windows 10 desktop?

You may also try installing the updates for Windows desktop and android phone and check if it works as expected.

Please post back with the information asked and the result for better suggestion.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 4, 2019
  3. OK2LA Win User
    Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

All we have to do is drag the app to the desktop...Voila!

OK2LA, Nov 4, 2019
  4. sending me back to desktop

Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys and Type "shell:sendto" in
      RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open "Send To" folder.
    • Now right-click on blank area in the folder and select "New -> Text document". It'll create a text file with the name "New Text Document.txt". Rename this file and set its name to "Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink".
    • That's it. Now you'll get "Desktop (create shortcut)" option back in "Send To" menu.
    NOTE: Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" option is disabled in "Folder
    Options"

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

sending me back to desktop

1. sending me back to desktop - Similar Threads - sending desktop

2. Sending an email using Remote Desktop through a Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending an email using Remote Desktop through a Device Manager: We connect to our ERP through remote desktop through device manager. In the ERP, when you need send an email, you go through the process which will send a PDF to a temporary folder and Outlook will open and attach the PDF document. It sends the PDF document to the temporary...
  3. Sending an email using Remote Desktop through a Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sending an email using Remote Desktop through a Device Manager: We connect to our ERP through remote desktop through device manager. In the ERP, when you need send an email, you go through the process which will send a PDF to a temporary folder and Outlook will open and attach the PDF document. It sends the PDF document to the temporary...
  4. whatsapp desktop crashing when i try to send an image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whatsapp desktop crashing when i try to send an image: pretty simple issue but literally nothing is coming up online, whatsapp desktop app is crashing constantly whenever i try to send- whether this be by using copy and paste, click & drop or anything else. the same applies with files. i cant even send gifs anymore, i have to...
  5. whatsapp desktop crashing when i try to send an image

whatsapp desktop crashing when i try to send an image: pretty simple issue but literally nothing is coming up online, whatsapp desktop app is crashing constantly whenever i try to send- whether this be by using copy and paste, click & drop or anything else. the same applies with files. i cant even send gifs anymore, i have to...
  6. Desktop icons send me to Google search page site.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons send me to Google search page site.: I don't know if I am asking my question in the right community site, but I thought I would start here.As of a day ago, after booting up my computer, when I click on a desktop shortcut icon, such as Yahoo, it goes to the Google Search page.Other icons that go to websites do...
  7. Desktop icons send me to Google search page site.

Desktop icons send me to Google search page site.: I don't know if I am asking my question in the right community site, but I thought I would start here.As of a day ago, after booting up my computer, when I click on a desktop shortcut icon, such as Yahoo, it goes to the Google Search page.Other icons that go to websites do...
  8. Desktop icons send me to Google search page site.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Caps Lock sends me to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock sends me to Desktop: Everytime i'm playing a game and accidentally press Caps Lock, it goes to the desktop and the computer locks up and i have to force it to restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-sends-me-to-desktop/e671e0e7-ca1f-4895-8638-d8a847828720
  10. Caps Lock sends me to Desktop

Caps Lock sends me to Desktop: Everytime i'm playing a game and accidentally press Caps Lock, it goes to the desktop and the computer locks up and i have to force it to restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-sends-me-to-desktop/e671e0e7-ca1f-4895-8638-d8a847828720