Windows 10: Sending PC parts back for RMA

Discus and support Sending PC parts back for RMA in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I built a new PC & I barely got to use it because of the stupid clock watch dog time out error that kept causing it to crash even during resetting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KINGSMAN471, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Sending PC parts back for RMA

I built a new PC & I barely got to use it because of the stupid clock watch dog time out error that kept causing it to crash even during resetting it comepletely & then it wouldn't evenpost anymore it was un usable, so after trying every suggested troubleshoot I finnally gave up & took the whole thing out of the case, It looks like I'll need to sendpossibly the CPU, RAM, & Motherboard back to the manerfactures (I forgot how to spell that one) for RMA but I don't know how to do that, does anyone here know how?

:)

KINGSMAN471, Mar 1, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 1, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and now it's not working

open a RMA with ASUS send the card in for repair if atiflash isn't listing both cards then there is no possibility for you to repair it

OneMoar, Mar 1, 2019
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Sending PC parts back for RMA

Laptop updated to 1809. Can't get WOL to send out...

Not sure the topic is exactly accurate. Here's the story:

• Have been successful sending WOL to 2 other PCs in the house
    • Had problems with laptop and sent to HP. They upgraded it to 1809
    • Now when I send WOL packets the other PCs will not wake up

Given that it was working fine on those PCs before, and the noted changes are to the PC sending the packet, I'm assuming that my sending PC needs something configured.

My searches on WOL only find stuff about setting it up on the remote PC so it will wake up.

Any suggestions about why my sending PC is not sending?

56Kruiser, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Sending PC parts back for RMA

1. Sending PC parts back for RMA - Similar Threads - Sending parts RMA

2. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  3. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  4. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft account on pc that was sent in for RMA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account on pc that was sent in for RMA: Hello, ive sent out my pc for RMA repairs and i was signed into microsoft on it they asked for the pin for login which will get them into windows should i trust them or should i delete the pc from my devices would they be able to get onto my microsoft account? I would like to...
  6. Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA: Greetings All, I'm in the process of a Samsung RMA for a 2.5" EVO 500Gb. If the machine is left for a period of 24Hrs the drive will eventually vanish crashing the pc and restarting to report no boot device. The bios shows no drive. Only a power cycle makes the drive...
  7. Bsod on new PC. Several parts went to RMA but problem persists.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod on new PC. Several parts went to RMA but problem persists.: Hello all. I will try to be as concise as possible. I had a perfectly stable and new system, which was the following: 3600xt stock 2x8 3200 team argb on xmp Asrock velocita b550 Adata m2 500gb Gigabyte 2070s Seasonic mII 750w bronze. On early December, I bought a 3070...
  8. sending me back to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending me back to desktop: when i'm in my email or any page really, i'll be typing & all of a sudden it sends me back to my desktop & i loose everything i had been typing PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-me-back-to-desktop/58f65861-00cd-486c-bce6-2d41497ac1ed
  9. Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10): So I had to send my laptop for repairs. I wanna make sure whoever touched it didn't do any funny business (spyware, virus...); is resetting windows enough? Should I do a "Remove files and clean the drive"? Should I do a clean install or is a reset enough? What are my...
  10. Hording Useless PC Parts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hording Useless PC Parts: I was in high tech work since 1960, analog back then, and digital since before 1968. Started building or buying PCs from then mid-1970’s and continued until the present. Like many users I horde parts for some strange reason and have several hard drives from 80G to 300G laying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sending a pc for rma microsoft account