Windows 10: sending scam emails from my email address

Discus and support sending scam emails from my email address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my email address is sending out scam emails thousands of them ive recently updated my security information and cannot change my password until 23/5/20.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dartmart, May 5, 2020.

1. dartmart Win User

sending scam emails from my email address

my email address is sending out scam emails thousands of them ive recently updated my security information and cannot change my password until 23/5/20. I can see the emails in my sent folder, I have been in contact with outlook support and although they have checked my account and said it is safe and secure from their end these emails are still being sent out, there doesn't seem to be any activity in my normal emails nor my computer as a whole, I have run my anti virus and all is good any suggestions......

:)

dartmart, May 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 5, 2020
  3. DorseyUK Win User
    Default 'send as' email address

Staff have their own email address (name@) and 'send as' permissions for another one (info@).

Is it possible to set a default send as address so the employees don't accidentally email from their own account when i'd prefer them to use info@ by default? I see when you're replying to an existing email it automatically uses the correct email address but I worry about brand new emails that are created.

DorseyUK, May 5, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Kari, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. sending scam emails from my email address - Similar Threads - sending scam emails

2. Is an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit or a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit or a scam?: I got this today.What should I do if I logged in through the web portal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-an-email-from-legit-or-a-scam/d151e552-de9d-488f-95f3-f890fe024e58
  3. Is an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit or a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit or a scam?: I got this today.What should I do if I logged in through the web portal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-an-email-from-legit-or-a-scam/d151e552-de9d-488f-95f3-f890fe024e58
  4. Is an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit or a scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can't I send emails from my work email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I send emails from my work email address?: Hello,I've recently gotten an email address from my workplace. It's a "webmail" address. I've logged in on the Windows Mail app. I can receive emails, but I can't send any. When I log in from the website, there is no problem. When I try to send an email in the app, I get a...
  6. Why can't I send emails from my work email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I send emails from my work email address?: Hello,I've recently gotten an email address from my workplace. It's a "webmail" address. I've logged in on the Windows Mail app. I can receive emails, but I can't send any. When I log in from the website, there is no problem. When I try to send an email in the app, I get a...
  7. I unable to receive some Emails,As someone was using my Email address to send scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I unable to receive some Emails,As someone was using my Email address to send scam: Hi ,I unable to receive some Emails,As someone was using my Email address to send scam Emails eg British Gas.How can i start to receive all Emails Thank you....
  8. Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...: keep getting message that my sbcglobal settings are out of date. This is only happening on my PC with windows 10. My cell phone and Ipad work OK for this account. Also, will not accept my password or allow password change....
  9. Is email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address?: Is the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address? Please don't guess. I want solid answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-email-a-scam-address/40d3a792-6757-45ed-8712-9892f51f6479"
  10. Default 'send as' email address

in Browsers and Email
    Default 'send as' email address: Staff have their own email address (name@) and 'send as' permissions for another one (info@). Is it possible to set a default send as address so the employees don't accidentally email from their own account when i'd prefer them to use info@ by default? I see when you're...