Windows 10: Sending text from pc

Discus and support Sending text from pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to send a text free from pc to mobile please. I use w10 152512 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Sending text from pc

Does anyone know how to send a text free from pc to mobile please. I use w10

:)

frenchman96, Mar 19, 2020

2. Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started

Around last year after the big Windows 10 update – I lost ability to send texts from my windows 10 laptop through to my 950xl.

For example,

• Previously, in win10 (my laptop) if I typed 'text Dave' in the 'search' – before I'd get Ok what do you want to say and I typed it and the sms was sent to my 950xl phone and onto Dave.

• Now if I type "text Dave" on my win10 laptop – I get "I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone.".................??????????????????

Although now, I do receive text on the laptop, but unless I click it as it shows up, I cannot reply.

Help me please..............

No help on the internet suggests a solution.

DiggerDavey, Mar 19, 2020
  3. I can receive texts but cannot send any texts.

Does it happen on every text you try to send?

If you are in a different area (so it is a different cell tower) will it work?

What device do you have?

What is the OS?

Have you gone to your cell provider and asked if there is an issue?

Is the number you are trying to send a text to listed as a contact and is the number listed as "mobile" ?

Try this:

Turn off International assist
    • Go to Settings > Applications > Phone.
    • Turn off International assist.

If that does not work then see if this helps:

Change your mode from LTE & CDMA to CDMA
    • Go to Settings.
    • Now go to Cellular.
    • Find Mode Selection option and change it from LTE & CDMA to CDMA.
    After doing this you should be able to send text messages.

The last thing I would suggest is to perform a factory reset

This is the last solution if nothing else works.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Sending text from pc

Can't send group text or SMS..I don't want to send SMS using any 3rd party app or Groupme

Hi Amithsiji,

Thank you for your post.

Please try to send your texts with the Group Text feature off by following those steps:

• Open the Messaging app and tap the (...) three dots at the bottom right of the screen.

• Tap Settings.

• Slide "Group Text" to off.
    This doesn't disable the ability to send a text to multiple people, it sends the message as normal SMS instead of MMS.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on

Sergent

Sergent---01, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Sending text from pc

1. Sending text from pc - Similar Threads - Sending text

2. On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...: Are we limited to only ten people? I need to send to 15. Is there a workaround?JB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-link-to-phone-trying-to-send-a-group-text-are/6988c5ea-9347-49eb-9949-099da6e4e1f6
  3. On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Link to Phone... Trying to send a group text. Are we limited to only ten people? I need...: Are we limited to only ten people? I need to send to 15. Is there a workaround?JB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-link-to-phone-trying-to-send-a-group-text-are/6988c5ea-9347-49eb-9949-099da6e4e1f6
  4. We can't send a text to this number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't send a text to this number: HiI'm trying to unlock an account with a code but I need getting the same red message no matter what number I choose to write down. There is no alternative to send via email either.How do I get the account fixed...
  5. We can't send a text to this number

We can't send a text to this number: HiI'm trying to unlock an account with a code but I need getting the same red message no matter what number I choose to write down. There is no alternative to send via email either.How do I get the account fixed...
  6. why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?: I'm trying to recover access to my microsoft accounts and after resetting my password and next ask to get a verification code from my phone, I get a message that "We cannot send a text message to this number". No one @ microsoft has been able to help and always send me do the...
  7. why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?

why do I get the message "We cannot send a text message to this number" to any phone I use?: I'm trying to recover access to my microsoft accounts and after resetting my password and next ask to get a verification code from my phone, I get a message that "We cannot send a text message to this number". No one @ microsoft has been able to help and always send me do the...
  8. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia <Removed for Privacy> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117
  9. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia +97689349797 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117
  10. We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We cannot send a text message to this number how i fix it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** number is Mongolia +97689349797 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cannot-send-a-text-message-to-this-number-how-i/3d04387d-1e3d-4314-b8e3-e61876bd5117