Windows 10: Sending text from pc

Discus and support Sending text from pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to send a text free from pc to mobile please. I use w10 152512 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Sending text from pc

Does anyone know how to send a text free from pc to mobile please. I use w10

:)

frenchman96, Mar 19, 2020

2. Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started

Around last year after the big Windows 10 update – I lost ability to send texts from my windows 10 laptop through to my 950xl.

For example,

• Previously, in win10 (my laptop) if I typed 'text Dave' in the 'search' – before I'd get Ok what do you want to say and I typed it and the sms was sent to my 950xl phone and onto Dave.

• Now if I type "text Dave" on my win10 laptop – I get "I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone.".................??????????????????

Although now, I do receive text on the laptop, but unless I click it as it shows up, I cannot reply.

Help me please..............

No help on the internet suggests a solution.

DiggerDavey, Mar 19, 2020
  3. I can receive texts but cannot send any texts.

Does it happen on every text you try to send?

If you are in a different area (so it is a different cell tower) will it work?

What device do you have?

What is the OS?

Have you gone to your cell provider and asked if there is an issue?

Is the number you are trying to send a text to listed as a contact and is the number listed as "mobile" ?

Try this:

Turn off International assist
    • Go to Settings > Applications > Phone.
    • Turn off International assist.

If that does not work then see if this helps:

Change your mode from LTE & CDMA to CDMA
    • Go to Settings.
    • Now go to Cellular.
    • Find Mode Selection option and change it from LTE & CDMA to CDMA.
    After doing this you should be able to send text messages.

The last thing I would suggest is to perform a factory reset

This is the last solution if nothing else works.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Sending text from pc

Can't send group text or SMS..I don't want to send SMS using any 3rd party app or Groupme

Hi Amithsiji,

Thank you for your post.

Please try to send your texts with the Group Text feature off by following those steps:

• Open the Messaging app and tap the (...) three dots at the bottom right of the screen.

• Tap Settings.

• Slide "Group Text" to off.
    This doesn't disable the ability to send a text to multiple people, it sends the message as normal SMS instead of MMS.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on

Sergent

Sergent---01, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Sending text from pc

1. Sending text from pc - Similar Threads - Sending text

2. Increase text size when sending / replying to emails in Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Increase text size when sending / replying to emails in Outlook: Hi folks Some of the settings in Outlook are not intuitive to find If you want to change the default text size for mail messages when sending etc start outlook (all versions) go into properties ==>General==>post and then select where I've shown -- positions on your screens...
  3. How to send cmd output results to text file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to send cmd output results to text file?: What do I need to add here to get the results sent to a text file on desktop? [img] Reason: Missing device in AIMP preferences: [img] Windows 10 1903 REF: GitHub - dechamps/FlexASIO: A flexible universal ASIO driver that uses the PortAudio sound I/O library. Supports...
  4. How can I use "Hey Cortana" on Android to send texts and play music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use "Hey Cortana" on Android to send texts and play music?: I am a Windows phone fan. I still have my Lumia 1020 and 950. I have Cortana set to ALWAYS ON with EVERY DEVICE WE OWN. I DEPEND upon the ability to use it completely hands-free. When I'm working or when I'm in my car, I NEED the ability to say "Hey, Cortana, text my...
  5. why cant i send 2 screenshots in 1 folder as a file in a text message

in Windows 10 Customization
    why cant i send 2 screenshots in 1 folder as a file in a text message: why cant i send with a text message 2 screenshots in 1 folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-send-2-screenshots-in-1-folder-as-a/38985e1f-2287-4cc4-8735-2d0ddf4a07ba
  6. How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone

in Windows 10 News
    How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 and Android has come a long way. Microsoft offers the Phone app which allows one to connect the phone, and then access data. However, it needs Microsoft Launcher or Cortana to make it work. It brings notifications, messaging [...] This post How to...
  7. Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started

in Cortana
    Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started: Around last year after the big Windows 10 update – I lost ability to send texts from my windows 10 laptop through to my 950xl. For example, Previously, in win10 (my laptop) if I typed 'text Dave' in the 'search' – before I'd get Ok what do you want to say and I typed it...
  8. Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer send text message from Cortana in Windows 10 PC. But will notify me of miss...: I think its time to give up on Microsoft. Been a loyal customer for decades, but sick of being abandoned. I still use my Lumia 950 and yes its old, but I like the security of Windows and I know its a dying OS. But why can I no longer send text via Cortana from my Laptop...
  9. Can't send text messaage from Cortana on my laptop anymore

in Cortana
    Can't send text messaage from Cortana on my laptop anymore: I can no longer send text messages using Cortana on my Windows 10 laptop anymore. Cortana simply replies: "I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone". This feature used to work flawlessly! Windows version: Pro 1803...
  10. FREE AOL EMAIL RECENT PROBLEM WON'T SEND MY ATTACHMENT WORD DOCUMENT WITH TEXT & PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FREE AOL EMAIL RECENT PROBLEM WON'T SEND MY ATTACHMENT WORD DOCUMENT WITH TEXT & PHOTOS: Have used AOL email for many years transferring resized photos onto word for ease of including text with the photos which have been resized smaller to ensure the document or files are below 25MB the max limit. Never had any problems previously. I have noticed that even...