Windows 10: SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts

Discus and support SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Most of my scripts stored in the SendTo folder, but some with other extension don't show. Eg. script.ahk dont show, but script.exe does, any idea how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chok, Mar 10, 2019.

1. chok Win User

SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts

Most of my scripts stored in the SendTo folder, but some with other extension don't show.

Eg. script.ahk dont show, but script.exe does, any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

ps: (In the properties of the file or shortcuts, the "hidden" attributes box is unchecked. So it's not the problem. I also tried with both a shortcut of the script and a directly the script)

:)

2. How to include OneNote in SendTo Context Menu in Windows 10

I have successfully added Evernote, OneDrive, etc. to the SendTo menu but was not successful for OneNote.

The steps I have taken are:

• Make a shortcut of your folder on the desktop

• Open the run window - WIN+R

• Type shell:sendto into the run box. Then OK. That opens the sendto folder.

• Drag your shortcut from the desktop into the sendto folder. Close the folder
    I was able to perform the first 3 steps and was also able to drag the shortcut from the desktop into the sendto folder. However, when I right clicked a file and then Send to, I was not able to see the OneNote listed in the menu. (I can see OneNote, however,
    listed in the place where I dragged the OneNote shortcut to.

Any idea why this is so?

Regards,

Bulend

BulendBekaroglu, Mar 10, 2019
  3. "SendTo" list does not show recently added shortcut.

The way that I was connecting the shortcut to the menu was as follows.

I opened the start menu, found the app I wanted to add, right-clicked on the icon, selected More..., selected Open File Location.

Then, I copied and pasted the shortcut to the SendTo Menu. This will place the shortcut in the folder but it won't show up in the SendTo list.

Richard Taylor (richard)1, Mar 10, 2019
  4. SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts

"SendTo" list does not show recently added shortcut.

Outlook 2010 is my default mail app and is configured for the current user profile. The user's mailbox lives on an Exchange 2010 server.

I clicked WindowsKey + R and typed shell:sendto which opened the folder of the SendTo menu. I added the shortcut for Microsoft Outlook 2010 to the folder and closed it. If I browse out the C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo, I
    can see the shortcut for Microsoft Outlook 2010 sitting in there. All looks good...

But, when I right-click on a .JPG file in the Pictures folder and select the SendTo menu from the list, I don't see the Outlook icon in there. In fact, I do see icons in there for mapped drives which aren't in the SendTo folder when I browse out to it.

How can I add a shortcut for Outlook to my SendTo menu?

Richard Taylor (richard)1, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts

1. SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts - Similar Threads - SendTo context menu

2. How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files: According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/app-registration#registering-a-perceived-type, this can be done by adding the below registry entries...HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT SystemFileAssociations video shell openApp1...
  3. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-click context menu not showing all the options: [ATTACH] I am trying to add a new .txt file to edit but there is no option. if I go to my file explorer and right-click and in the new tab there not a lot of options and not nay that i am familiar with other then the shortcut...
  4. Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts: The context menu contains only - unpin - close (if referenced program is running). Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu contained - properties - run as admin. 171532
  5. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  6. SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the sortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the sortcuts: Most of my scripts stored in the SendTo folder, but some with other extension don't show. Eg. script.ahk dont show, but script.exe does, any idea how to solve this? Thanks! 128607
  7. Create Shortcut on context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Shortcut on context menu: Is there a way to take "Desktop - Create Shortcut" from the send to menu and put it on the top menu? 96298
  8. SendTo right click menu problem

in Browsers and Email
    SendTo right click menu problem: Dear all, I cannot get the right click menu working in Windows 10. When I try this it does nothing except force closing the current folder windows. Default email is outlook 2016 64 bit (working perfectly). I ran the scan for corrupted system files (sfc /scannow) - no...
  9. Windows 10 All Apps menu not showing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 All Apps menu not showing shortcuts: Running Windows 10 64-bit; 8 GB RAM I've been advised that the folder: c:\Users\<my name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs contains the folders and shortcuts that are shown in the All Apps menu. However, there are some programs and folders in...
  10. New shortcut directly on context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut directly on context menu: OK, it's on the New submenu. But I'd like to have it right on the main context menu, ready to click. Or maybe a separate shortcut for NewShortcut? 84207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click context menu for send to shortcut not showing