Windows 10: SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

Discus and support SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A while ago I had issues using "Email Picture" in IE 11. Using the right-click option to email photo either does nothing or brings up outlook with a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Arbetrayer, Jul 12, 2017.

1. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

A while ago I had issues using "Email Picture" in IE 11. Using the right-click option to email photo either does nothing or brings up outlook with a (2) file name that has no extension.
    Anyways, I found the sendto.dll was broken from an update. I found an old version that worked great and replaced it. my client did updates and it replaced it with the busted dll again and I would rather just uninstall the single update and hide it so it can't be reinstalled but the person that gave the workaround failed to mention the update KB#.

:)

Arbetrayer, Jul 12, 2017

2. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

I hear you.

With all due respect, this is a Consumer-specific forum. Your SysAdmin or IT Department should be able to assist you further.

If YOU are the SysAdmin/IT Department, you will find appropriate support for Win10 in the IT Pro-specific forums:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro

Note that MS MVPs are volunteers who neither represent nor work for Microsoft.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 12, 2017
  3. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

Answer-by-number:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

2. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

3. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?

4. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    ?

6. What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.
    7. What Mail Client is installed?

8. Is it the same computer as in this other new thread of yours? =>
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/startbar-searches-show-results-and-can-be-accessed/dfdf0bfc-5881-4fc7-9bdd-e641c5e56f00

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

1. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this? - Similar Threads - SendTo dll failing

2. No Windows 12 update in 2024? What we know

in Windows 10 News
    No Windows 12 update in 2024? What we know: We do not know much about Microsoft's plans for 2024 and beyond when it comes to the Windows operating system. Rumors suggest that the company could release Windows 12 this year, but others suggest that this won't be the case after all. Microsoft maintains two client...
  3. Failed reinitialization, don’t know what to do!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed reinitialization, don’t know what to do!: After having my PC starting on the automatic reparation, any of the possible reinitializations has worked error message, i finally tried to install windows from a USB key but every time i try i have error message. What is questionable is that i have another disk specified as...
  4. Failed reinitialization, don’t know what to do!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed reinitialization, don’t know what to do!: After having my PC starting on the automatic reparation, any of the possible reinitializations has worked error message, i finally tried to install windows from a USB key but every time i try i have error message. What is questionable is that i have another disk specified as...
  5. Failed reinitialization, don’t know what to do!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. SendTo problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SendTo problem: I have installed Win11 as insider with a hotmail account. After installation I created a local admin account and used it to log in Win11. I wanted to add items to my SendTo account and I did this. But the added items did not show when I wanted to use them. I created a second...
  7. What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Do We Know About Safehouse-Explorer Encryption?: How up to date is it? Why can't I access the web page? With all those questions asked, I am trying it on my test computer. It works well, even though I can't figure out how to delete a volume/safe. 166778
  8. sendto

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sendto: I have added my DVD drive in the sendto but it does not show when I tried to use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sendto/17388611-9700-41a4-a85c-325a2a2c9e6d
  9. sendto

in Browsers and Email
    sendto: Hi. I have my PC setup to my liking, but when a right click to send a document as an attachment Windows 10 mail app gives me an error message claiming that there is no email program installed to perform that required action. I have been searching for an answer, but have not...
  10. What to do about Failed Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to do about Failed Updates?: Hi all May sound like a dumb question, but here goes: We occasionally see in Installed Update History "Failed to install on ‎(Date - Error code)". I've never done anything about this in all the years I've been using Windows let alone Windows 10. Other updates have...