Windows 10: SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

Discus and support SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A while ago I had issues using "Email Picture" in IE 11. Using the right-click option to email photo either does nothing or brings up outlook with a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Arbetrayer, Jul 12, 2017.

1. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

A while ago I had issues using "Email Picture" in IE 11. Using the right-click option to email photo either does nothing or brings up outlook with a (2) file name that has no extension.
    Anyways, I found the sendto.dll was broken from an update. I found an old version that worked great and replaced it. my client did updates and it replaced it with the busted dll again and I would rather just uninstall the single update and hide it so it can't be reinstalled but the person that gave the workaround failed to mention the update KB#.

:)

Arbetrayer, Jul 12, 2017

2. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

I hear you.

With all due respect, this is a Consumer-specific forum. Your SysAdmin or IT Department should be able to assist you further.

If YOU are the SysAdmin/IT Department, you will find appropriate support for Win10 in the IT Pro-specific forums:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro

Note that MS MVPs are volunteers who neither represent nor work for Microsoft.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 12, 2017
  3. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

Answer-by-number:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

2. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

3. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?

4. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    ?

6. What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.
    7. What Mail Client is installed?

8. Is it the same computer as in this other new thread of yours? =>
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/startbar-searches-show-results-and-can-be-accessed/dfdf0bfc-5881-4fc7-9bdd-e641c5e56f00

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this?

1. SendTo.dll is failing again. Do we know what update messes with this? - Similar Threads - SendTo dll failing

2. Do you know What is ByteFence?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you know What is ByteFence?: [ATTACH] Is ByteFence Anti Malware Safe? What is ByteFence ? ByteFence is a reliable anti-malware program designed and marketed by Byte Technologies. Many believe it to be a virus, but in reality, it is not. The critical executable file of this product is called...
  3. do you know What is ByteFence ?

do you know What is ByteFence ?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-you-know-what-is-bytefence/300eb3af-0487-4f55-8086-cc28079cce34
  4. Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop: I have a 4 year old laptop which windows doesn't let the updates to be downloaded on due to lack of space. It is an older model solid state drive model with 32GB of storage. Currently I have used all the tricks in the book to bring down the volume of stuff on it but still I...
  5. sendto

in Browsers and Email
    sendto: Hi. I have my PC setup to my liking, but when a right click to send a document as an attachment Windows 10 mail app gives me an error message claiming that there is no email program installed to perform that required action. I have been searching for an answer, but have not...
  6. Do we know the actual risk of Meltdown and Spectre?

Do we know the actual risk of Meltdown and Spectre?: There has been a lot discussion about Meltdown and Spectre on this forum and others, but I'm still confused. And I have 2 computers, and possibly 3, that are old enough that no BIOS remedy will be forthcoming so I'm going to be vulnerable to Spectre for the foreseeable...
  7. What to do about Failed Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to do about Failed Updates?: Hi all May sound like a dumb question, but here goes: We occasionally see in Installed Update History "Failed to install on ‎(Date - Error code)". I've never done anything about this in all the years I've been using Windows let alone Windows 10. Other updates have...
  8. What dll's do I install

in Windows 10 Support
    What dll's do I install: Hi, I am running Windows 10 64 bit Home on a Dell desktop, with an Intel duel core processor at 3.10GHz and 8 GB of Ram. I also use Paint Shop Pro 9 graphics program, and have always had to install some dll's in order for my plug-ins to work in the PSP9 program. Can...
  9. Windows 9 “Threshold”: What We Know So Far

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 “Threshold”: What We Know So Far: Windows 9 is definitely the next big thing happening for Windows users, with many people close to the matter revealing more or less exciting tidbits pointing to features of the upcoming operating system. Nothing has been confirmed so far and Microsoft goes on with a...
  10. Six clicks: What we think we know about Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    Six clicks: What we think we know about Windows 9: Microsoft's Build 2014 conference is right around the corner. At that event, which kicks off April 2 in San Francisco, Microsoft is believed to be planning to disclose at least some high-level information about Windows 9. The rest here it is a 7 part slide show.