Windows 10: Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy

Discus and support Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I have the Sendto: function set up just the way I like it. I use it exclusively to send files to local folders. I don't want the files to remain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert4472, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy

Hello!I have the Sendto: function set up just the way I like it. I use it exclusively to send files to local folders. I don't want the files to remain at the original location once sent, I want them moved - however once sent, I have 2 copies. One at the original location and the new one in the destination folder.Please help :R

:)

Robert4472, Apr 8, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sendto:  doesn't delete, just creates copy [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 8, 2022
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Windows 10 - Explorer SendTo Mail Disappeared

Thank you for getting back to us. Since you already have done safe mode and clean boot, what we suggest is that you create a new local user account for us to replicate the issue first. You may refer to this
    link, for the steps.

If the issue persists after creating a new local account, what we recommend is to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the dialog box, type in: shell:sendto and click
      OK
      . See screenshot below:

Sendto:  doesn't delete, just creates copy e8a0fcb4-a1c8-4661-823d-210c38fa3c42.png
    • Now the "SendTo" folder will show up in Explorer. C:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
    • Delete the Bluetooth file. You may move the Bluetooth file to another folder before deleting them.

Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Apr 8, 2022
  4. Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy

How to delete Suggested Sites in Win 10 Edge

When I right click Suggested Sites in the Fav Bar, a "delete" window appears, but, clicking delete does not delete the Suggested Sites from the Favourite Bar.

If I open up Favourites, then the Favourites Bar, and right click the delete window for Suggested Sites-this doesn`t work either.

The Suggested Sites does nothing, (it certainly doesn`t show me a list of suggested sites), and takes up valuable space in my Fav Bar.which is why I want to rid myself of it.

barrierlee, Apr 8, 2022
Thema:

Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy

1. Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy - Similar Threads - Sendto doesn't delete

2. SendTo folder issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SendTo folder issue: I mistakenly dragged & dropped a folder within my 'home directory' folder into the SendTo folder, However I cannot open the SendTo folder access denied and when I try to un shell:sendto I gdet 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.'. How can I...
  3. Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sendto: doesn't delete, just creates copy: Hello!I have the Sendto: function set up just the way I like it. I use it exclusively to send files to local folders. I don't want the files to remain at the original location once sent, I want them moved - however once sent, I have 2 copies. One at the original location and...
  4. SendTo problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SendTo problem: I have installed Win11 as insider with a hotmail account. After installation I created a local admin account and used it to log in Win11. I wanted to add items to my SendTo account and I did this. But the added items did not show when I wanted to use them. I created a second...
  5. SendTo problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SendTo problem: I have installed Win11 as insider with a hotmail account. After installation I created a local admin account and used it to log in Win11. I wanted to add items to my SendTo account and I did this. But the added items did not show when I wanted to use them. I created a second...
  6. Creating copies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating copies: Why is my computer creating file copies when holding down CTRL and checking some files? submitted by /u/SmellyFeet2005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfmiyq/creating_copies/
  7. Does creating a hard link just make a copy??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does creating a hard link just make a copy??: Okay, say I have file "original.ext", and a hard link "hardlink.ext" which hard links to "original.ext". When I delete "original.ext", "hardlink.ext" still opens just fine. What's going on here? I thought a hard link is supposed to just point to the target? If the target is...
  8. sendto

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sendto: I have added my DVD drive in the sendto but it does not show when I tried to use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sendto/17388611-9700-41a4-a85c-325a2a2c9e6d
  9. sendto

in Browsers and Email
    sendto: Hi. I have my PC setup to my liking, but when a right click to send a document as an attachment Windows 10 mail app gives me an error message claiming that there is no email program installed to perform that required action. I have been searching for an answer, but have not...
  10. Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder: The SendTo folder is something that I do not use, including the one in the browser. Deleting the SendTo folder from the AppData folder does not crash the computer. It makes the computer no longer having the SendTo folder. In fact, I do not need help from this one....