Windows 10: SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app

Discus and support SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Mail app built in Windows 10. Office 2013 is installed with all applications. If I try to use the SendTo link from Explorer, it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GTAdoum, Jan 24, 2016.

1. GTAdoum Win User

SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app

Hello,
    I am using Mail app built in Windows 10. Office 2013 is installed with all applications. If I try to use the SendTo link from Explorer, it opens up Outlook instead of the default Mail app. In default programs, Mail has all his options checked.
    How to make the SendTo work properly with Mail app?

:)

GTAdoum, Jan 24, 2016

2. Microsoft account settings

On Microsoft outlook.com account there has occured an abnormalty with SendTo setting. When clicking with right on the file there is no Mail Recipient choice under SendTo. When using command shell:Sendto,
    there is MAPIMAIL in the opening window. There is no difference if the computer is W8 or W10, there is no way to send the file directly to mail. The program used is Outlook 365. (2016) Using local account on the same computers, then Mail Recipient choise is
    available also other user who have account in same computers have Mail Recipient choice and it works.

HarryMattiisen, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Explorer SendTo Mail Disappeared

Explorer - SendTo - Mail Recipient - Disappeared:

The file Mail recipient.MAPIMail is in the Folder C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

However, when I right click on a file to use the SendTo Mail Recipient option this option is not in the drop down menu. All the other options, like Bluetooth, Documents, etc are in the SendTo folder and are visible in the drop down menu, it is only the Sendto
    Mail Recipient option that is missing.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and my default email client is set as Outlook (2010).

I have looked online at all the Microsoft forums etc and there is no advice that sorts this problem - HELP!

MoondanceManor, Jan 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I think the problem you will have there will be that SendTo is characterised for programs that take command line arguments.

That doesn't include the universal apps.

dalchina, Jan 25, 2016
  5. WarrenTee Win User
    Same issue for me with a new Acer Aspire e 15. Installed Thunderbird and works perfectly on Thunderbird. The thing about Outlook for me is the files wouldn't send unless Outlook was open. Files send perfectly in Thunderbird.

WarrenTee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SendTo mail opens Outlook instead of Mail app - Similar Threads - SendTo mail opens

2. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  3. Mail app not opening because of outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not opening because of outlook: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I just updated Mail app from Microsoft store and after that I saw the toggle on the top right corner "Try the new outlook app" and I just tried to remove the toggle from the app, on the internet the method to remove this to create a DWORD key but...
  4. Mail app not opening because of outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not opening because of outlook: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I just updated Mail app from Microsoft store and after that I saw the toggle on the top right corner "Try the new outlook app" and I just tried to remove the toggle from the app, on the internet the method to remove this to create a DWORD key but...
  5. Outlook Mail won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook Mail won't open: The last few days, the application does not open on my laptop, I restarted the app twice to see if the problem was solved but nothing. Any solution?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-wont-open/83db6c02-c062-4282-b220-308f0db0fbf9
  6. How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Outlook or Google Mail instead of Microsoft Mail: Microsoft 10's mail program is poor and I would like to go back to Google Mail or Outlook, but have been unable to change the default. Microsoft contacts does not allow sorting contacts in categories and it doesn't provide for quick selection of multiple email addresses for...
  7. How to open flagged email in Windows Mail instead of Outlook, in MS To-Do app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open flagged email in Windows Mail instead of Outlook, in MS To-Do app?: I prefer the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app instead of Outlook, but still have Outlook 365 installed on my machine. When I click on a flagged email in Outlook or in the Mail app, it correctly shows it in the To-Do app, but when I click on that flagged email in the to-do app,...
  8. Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook: Running fully patched Windows 10 Pro. When Windows notification pops up announcing a new email in Outlook, clicking on the notification opens Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2016. Outlook is the default app in Settings\Default Apps. Can't seem to switch it....
  9. Outlook Mail app corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail app corrupted?: My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track...
  10. Sendto function in Windows 10 - Mail- Outlook- Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Sendto function in Windows 10 - Mail- Outlook- Thunderbird: With a new Acer Aspire E 15 and Windows 10, the Sendto function would only default to Outlook. Messages would not send unless Outlook was open. Could not get the sendto option to use Mail10. Therefore installed Thunderbird. Works perfectly. Right click sendto, fill in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows opens mail instead of outlook

2. windows 10 sendto open thunderbird not outlook