Windows 10: SendTo right click menu problem

Discus and support SendTo right click menu problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Dear all, I cannot get the right click menu working in Windows 10. When I try this it does nothing except force closing the current folder windows.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by collpicto, Jul 6, 2017.

1. collpicto Win User

SendTo right click menu problem

Dear all,

I cannot get the right click menu working in Windows 10. When I try this it does nothing except force closing the current folder windows.

Default email is outlook 2016 64 bit (working perfectly).

I ran the scan for corrupted system files (sfc /scannow) - no corrupted files detected.

I tried to restore manually the MailRecipient.MAPIMail file as instructed elsewhere in this forum ...

nothing fixes this,

thanks for your help,

:)

collpicto, Jul 6, 2017

2. Sendto menu blank after latest update

After the latest update of Windows 10 the pulldown "SendTo" menu in Explorer is blank. The "SendTo" folder still has all the items I want, but they don't show in the right-click pulldown menu.

Am I the only one with this problem? Are there any fixes for this formerly handy feature?

-DonaldDavis

DonaldDavis111111111, Jul 6, 2017
  3. SendTo

PaolinoDelloIacono, Jul 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, I think what you are seeing is explorer crashing when you right click something. Is that correct?

The usual cause for this is a shell extension added by one of the programs you have installed that is not compatible with Windows in some manner. (I.e. an added context menu option).

What you need to do is disable these, and see if the problem disappears. Then enable them progressively to identify the problematic one.

You can use the following free programs to do that. No need to log off or restart. All can easily be found with a quick search.

Shellmenuview
    Shellexview
    Glary Utilities (this is a utility suite- one part is a context menu manager).

I find no one of these detects all the context menu entries.

Autoruns (from MS) can also be used, but some find this daunting.

dalchina, Jul 6, 2017
  5. collpicto Win User
    It concerns only the "Send To > Mail Recipient" right click menu.
    When I do this by right-clicking on a file, I feel that the system tries something but it only results in the folder windows from which I right clicked to close spontaneously.

On the other hand, the default email program (Outlook 2016 64bit) works without any problems.

very weird (and annoying) - I am pretty sure that this is a new problem as I used to send files by email in this way before on the same system.

collpicto, Jul 7, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Please confirm Send To works in other cases - e.g. Send To folder.

The question then is- what is the mail recipient shortcut associated with. It may be opening something other than Outlook.

You can inspect it by opening the Send To folder:
    Windows key + R, type shell:sendto

Post a screenshot of what you see.

Note: When I had a problem with this, I resolved it by dropping a shortcut to Thunderbird into the Send To folder.

You can repair the mail recipient shortcut in the Send To list as follows:

If you are missing the Mail Recipient shortcut in the Send to folder or it's not working:
    Make sure file extensions are visible in file explorer:

SendTo right click menu problem [​IMG]

• Open the SendTo folder: Windows key + R, type shell:sendto
    • Delete the existing mail recipient shortcut
    • Right-click and choose New > Text Document to create a text file in the folder.
    • Rename the file MailRecipient.MAPIMail. Replace the .txt extension as well.
    • Press Enter.

dalchina, Jul 7, 2017
  7. collpicto Win User
    Thanks for your effort trying to solve this!

"Send To > Compressed (zipped folder)", "Send To > Desktop (shortcut)" and "Send To > Documents" work without any problems.

I tried several times to re-create the "MailRecipient.MAPIMail" in the SendTo folder but it does not solve the problem.

Could this be a Outlook 2016 64bit issue? I am running Norton Security antivirus - could this be in cause?

Thanks

Coll picto

collpicto, Jul 8, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

You also have to set the default MAILTO protocol client. (Associate it with Outlook)

Try researching Outlook in particular: also try adding an Outlook shortcut in the Sendto folder and using that.

dalchina, Jul 8, 2017
  9. dheisler Win User
    Since the latest update in Windows 10 Version 1709 everyone of my computers was having the same problem. I would right click on word docs, excel docs, pdfs, jpgs and nothing would happen with the exception of jpg files. It would ask me what size I would like to send the file as. Once I chose the size, selected attach, nothing would happen.

Solution: I went to Add/remove programs in the control panel and when I got to Microsoft Office, I selected modify (make sure all of your MS office programs/apps are closed), after that I chose repair and then OK, and after a reboot, everything worked like it was supposed to. I had to do this to all of my computers after this latest patch. 12/1/2017

dheisler, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SendTo right click menu problem - Similar Threads - SendTo right click

2. the right click menu problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the right click menu problem.: Hello,I notice that there is missing part of my right click menu as you can see from the picture above, can someone help me with that please?thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-click-menu-problem/8fcf77cd-8c77-41da-9c6e-16f3f1e37990
  3. the right click menu problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the right click menu problem.: Hello,I notice that there is missing part of my right click menu as you can see from the picture above, can someone help me with that please?thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-click-menu-problem/8fcf77cd-8c77-41da-9c6e-16f3f1e37990
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. SendTo problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SendTo problem: I have installed Win11 as insider with a hotmail account. After installation I created a local admin account and used it to log in Win11. I wanted to add items to my SendTo account and I did this. But the added items did not show when I wanted to use them. I created a second...
  7. SendTo problem

SendTo problem: I have installed Win11 as insider with a hotmail account. After installation I created a local admin account and used it to log in Win11. I wanted to add items to my SendTo account and I did this. But the added items did not show when I wanted to use them. I created a second...
  8. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  9. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  10. Right click on start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on start menu problem: Hi, I have a very strange problem in Win 10 Pro RTM: when I right click on the start menu and the conext menu appears like this: [img] the only links that works are the first four starting from the botom (desktop, shutdown, run & find), when I click on any other...