Windows 10: Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail

Discus and support Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using the Windows Mail app for my gmail account emails. All was working fine until a few days ago when suddenly the content of my sent emails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JVO101, Jun 24, 2020.

1. JVO101 Win User

Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail

I am using the Windows Mail app for my gmail account emails. All was working fine until a few days ago when suddenly the content of my sent emails started disappearing. My recipients are getting the full email and any replies include the email I sent but when I go into sent box, I can only see the header for the sent mail.

How do I get visibility on my sent mail content again?

:)

JVO101, Jun 24, 2020

2. Sent Items are not showing in the sent folder in Windows Mail

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would like to know, whether you are using Windows Live Mail or Mail app?

I suggest you to check if the emails are present in the Outbox.

If you are using Windows Live Mail then, I would recommend you to refer to the responses created on
    Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder and check if it helps.

Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 24, 2020
  3. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

4. lx07 Win User

Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

The "Outbox" is only for unsent mail so I guess you don't mean that but rather "Sent Mail"?

Anyway, what is your email account?

My sent mail for gmail (bottom account below) shows not under "Sent Items" but "[Google Mail]\Sent Mail" whereas my outlook.com account (top one below) shows in the root of the IMAP tree.

Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail [​IMG]

You can change the root folder path (that is the name of the directory that the "inbox", "sent items" etc directories are stored under on your IMAP server) here:

Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail [​IMG]

but while entering the root folder name here works for other IMAP mail accounts I use (so you see "Sent Items" under root not subdirectory) I use I never got it to work properly for Gmail on Outlook 2016 for some reason.

Thema:

1. Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Sent email content

2. Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly: Greetings! Some emails in my mail application for Windows do not show the content correctly. Instead, it shows the html source code. This doesn't happen with all the emails, but about 30% of the emails I get and 100% of email notifications from reddit are like this. Any idea...
  3. Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail doesn't show the email content correctly: Greetings! Some emails in my mail application for Windows do not show the content correctly. Instead, it shows the html source code. This doesn't happen with all the emails, but about 30% of the emails I get and 100% of email notifications from reddit are like this. Any idea...
  4. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  5. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  6. Missing content from sent emails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing content from sent emails.: When I try to review emails I have sent, most, but not all are missing the content I wrote. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-content-from-sent-emails/95babf35-6a9b-4809-b50f-55cebb0d20d1
  7. Sent email doesn't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sent email doesn't show: I use the generally useless MS Mail app for reasons of convenience. Suddenly it has stopped showing my sent Gmail emails in the sent folder. They do usually send but are not in the folder. Many older emails in the folder now just show the header and the body text does not...
  8. Sent mail shows as code

Sent mail shows as code: Hi I currently have an IMAP mail account setup on my phone and on the Windows10 mail app. When I send mail from the Windows10 mail app all recipients receive it fine and when I go and check my sent items it looks fine too. My problem comes in when I send mail from my...
  9. Emails showing twice in Sent mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Emails showing twice in Sent mail: Hi I am having an issue with emails showing twice in my sent box. This is on windows 10 build 1809 using mail app with exchange account. What I have done so far is: Reset the app Machine is up to date Only on this as works normal with online or outlook. Tried to delete...
  10. From Microsoft Mail Windows 10 every sent email shows up as sent twice.

From Microsoft Mail Windows 10 every sent email shows up as sent twice.: Hello, I notice this problem is not new but it is the first I have experienced it. How do I stop two sent emails showing up for each email sent? As best as I can tell, recipients are only receiving once. Sending from Web does not generate two sent emails even though they...