Windows 10: Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear

Discus and support Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some emails I send simply disappear using the Microsoft Mail app. There is no trace of the sent email anywhere. I do not use Outlook as it takes too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JenniferHoughton, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear

Some emails I send simply disappear using the Microsoft Mail app. There is no trace of the sent email anywhere. I do not use Outlook as it takes too long to sync with multiple emails and folders, so I prefer the basic Microsoft Mail app, which is a lot faster.

The sent emails that disappear yet arrive at their destination have no particular pattern. It just sometimes happens. What could be causing this? It's very frustrating and worrying.

:)

JenniferHoughton, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Larnu Win User

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Jun 16, 2020
  3. cue0 Win User
    Sent e-mail disappears from "Sent Item"

I tested an email app called Mail.ru on my phone and discovered that sent emails don't disappear with that app. It seems that Outlook Mail is the cause for disappearing sent emails.

4. mike2125 Win User

Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear

Windows mail sent box problem

I have set up a friend's laptop to use Windows Mail (Windows 10 ver 1903). Sending and receiving emails works fine but sent emails do not appear in the sent box and there is nothing in the spam box either, which seems unusual. I cannot find anything wrong in settings - any suggestions please.

mike2125, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear

1. Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear - Similar Threads - Sent emails Microsoft

2. windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder: I cannot access a file menu either to change the settings. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is Windows mail connected to Outlook? I can see the settings there and the box 'save sent email to sent email folder' is ticked. I cannot find such option in windows mail.......
  3. Windows 10 mail: Sometimes sent mail disappears

Windows 10 mail: Sometimes sent mail disappears: Sometimes when I create an e-mail message in the Windows 10 Mail app and send it it is a gmail account it sends fine. Other times I click send and it seems like it sent but in fact, the e-mail vanished. It did not send, it is not in the outbox, it is not in drafts. It just...
  4. gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears

gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears: I have configured windows 10 mail application with my google email address. I sent a mail. I got an acknowledgement email back in reply, but the sent email has disappeared. Its not in sent mail, sent items, or all mail. I've also checked on mail.google.com directly. The...
  5. Sent emails disappearing on Mail app

Sent emails disappearing on Mail app: I have a Surface Go 2 running Windows 10 Home, and the latest version of the Mail app. The app was working properly until today. Today, when I compose and send an email through Mail, one of two things happen. One, the email simply disappears. It does not show up in Sent...
  6. Sent Mails Disappearing

Sent Mails Disappearing: Some, not all, of my sent mails are disappearing from my Sent Items almost immediately after they are sent, can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-mails-disappearing/e761fd98-af0d-4ef2-ab99-3e7a0167c4fd
  7. Emails showing twice in Sent mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Emails showing twice in Sent mail: Hi I am having an issue with emails showing twice in my sent box. This is on windows 10 build 1809 using mail app with exchange account. What I have done so far is: Reset the app Machine is up to date Only on this as works normal with online or outlook. Tried to delete...
  8. From Microsoft Mail Windows 10 every sent email shows up as sent twice.

From Microsoft Mail Windows 10 every sent email shows up as sent twice.: Hello, I notice this problem is not new but it is the first I have experienced it. How do I stop two sent emails showing up for each email sent? As best as I can tell, recipients are only receiving once. Sending from Web does not generate two sent emails even though they...
  9. Outlook sent emails disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook sent emails disappear: Have outlook account accessed by Safari and Firefox . All SENT emails before 1800 on 15 march suddenly disappeared . SENT emails after that time have beenretained. They are not/not in Deleted or Archived files. NO succession contacting Microsoft and Help Cat icon on...
  10. Emails disappearing from Microsoft Mail or Yahoo

Emails disappearing from Microsoft Mail or Yahoo: I use to use Microsoft's Mail app, the one that comes with Windows 10. I was using it as a front end for Yahoo, but now I mostly use just Yahoo's web email separately. One of these mail programs is removing emails. I have 5 folders where a large number of important emails...