Windows 10: sent folder

Discus and support sent folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi When i sent an email to a contact, it works. But 'sent email folder' shows as i sent two emails: one to the contact and one to myself. What's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by danieleramon, Sep 18, 2018.

1. sent folder

Hi

When i sent an email to a contact, it works.

But 'sent email folder' shows as i sent two emails: one to the contact and one to myself. What's the problem?

Thanks

Moved from: Windows 10 / Install & upgrade

:)

danieleramon, Sep 18, 2018

2. windows live mail sent emails appear in draft sent folder and not sent folder

Chriso 747 - I have done what you suggest and the Save Copy of Sent Messages is ticked. But the message is still in the draft folder as sent? I have no way of knowing if it was received as it is still not in the sent folder. Is there anything else I
    should do to make sure it has been sent? Please let me know.

gordon12xy, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Sent folder only syncs one month

Hi Kathleen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to check some below steps and confirm whether this issue persists in Web mail also.

• Open Internet Explorer. Type mail.live.com
      and sign in to your account.
    • Open the Sent items and check if you are able to view the mails which you are trying to find.
    Please post us back confirming the above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Chriso747 Win User

sent folder

windows live mail sent emails appear in draft sent folder and not sent folder

I'm not sure I understand how you know that the message in your drafts folder is sent. Is there some visible indication of this or are you assuming that it went and now sits in the drafts folder?

Anyway, I'm sure you're sending emails properly, but to confirm with you the following: when you compose an email and save it in Drafts, it will remain in Drafts even though you hit the Send/Receive button to send it. While in Drafts, it needs to be double-clicked
    back into the edit screen and then you press Send. It then goes into the Outbox folder and when you press Send/Receive it then goes to the recipient and your email gets saved in the Sent Folder. I just state this to make sure that this is all correct with
    you and that's what you have been doing.

If the above is what you have been doing, then I suggest that you send a test email back to yourself. Does this email still mysteriously moves into the Drafts folder? And do you eventually receive it into your Inbox?

If you are not receiving your email back to yourself and it moves from Outbox and into Drafts folder as Sent, then I would ask, is your email account a Pop3 or IMAP account?

One other thing: when in Live Mail, click on View and then on Storage Folders. A new listing Storage Folder with sub folders will appear on the left. Are there any emails (particularly the email in question) found in any of the boxes under Storage Folders?

Chriso747, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

sent folder

1. sent folder - Similar Threads - sent folder

2. where is sent folder in outlook app so i can find email i just sent t oyou to eedit it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is sent folder in outlook app so i can find email i just sent t oyou to eedit it: where is the sent folder to ms communtiy?i wanted to edit something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-sent-folder-in-outlook-app-so-i-can-find/0c995a24-b4d9-4d12-bc23-994ff4a30986
  3. where is sent folder in outlook app so i can find email i just sent t oyou to eedit it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is sent folder in outlook app so i can find email i just sent t oyou to eedit it: where is the sent folder to ms communtiy?i wanted to edit something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-sent-folder-in-outlook-app-so-i-can-find/0c995a24-b4d9-4d12-bc23-994ff4a30986
  4. Email scheduled to send but I cannot find it in the "sent" or "draft" folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email scheduled to send but I cannot find it in the "sent" or "draft" folders: I wrote and scheduled an email to send this morning but I now cannot find it under either the draft or sent folders in outlook. Did it send? What do I do to find it? I sent it to a supervisor but don't want to ask them if they got it as this is a very formal setting....
  5. Email scheduled to send but I cannot find it in the "sent" or "draft" folders

Email scheduled to send but I cannot find it in the "sent" or "draft" folders: I wrote and scheduled an email to send this morning but I now cannot find it under either the draft or sent folders in outlook. Did it send? What do I do to find it? I sent it to a supervisor but don't want to ask them if they got it as this is a very formal setting....
  6. Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.: My work colleague, on her work computer, has somehow managed to get her sent items displaying in folders inside her sent folder. How do we get the sent emails to display as normal where the last one sent is at the top of the list....
  7. Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.

Sent items folder not displaying normally in outlook.: My work colleague, on her work computer, has somehow managed to get her sent items displaying in folders inside her sent folder. How do we get the sent emails to display as normal where the last one sent is at the top of the list....
  8. why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?: Why has my mail app started saving my sent emails in the draft folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-sent-emails-being-saved-in-draft-folder/75f43af9-9e47-4eaa-a652-31f37f18c656
  9. why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?

why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?: Why has my mail app started saving my sent emails in the draft folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-sent-emails-being-saved-in-draft-folder/75f43af9-9e47-4eaa-a652-31f37f18c656
  10. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...