Windows 10: sent up a wrong email address acct in windows 10 on a new PC

Discus and support sent up a wrong email address acct in windows 10 on a new PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Carelessly when installing a new computer Microsoft acct I spelled .com as .cim. I then needed to set up a new Microsoft acct with my email address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dennismn, Dec 13, 2019.

1. dennismn Win User

sent up a wrong email address acct in windows 10 on a new PC

Carelessly when installing a new computer Microsoft acct I spelled .com as .cim. I then needed to set up a new Microsoft acct with my email address with the .com at the end.

BUT, now the computer won't let me delete the .cim acct probably because it thinks that is the primary acct( probably thinks it is the administrative acct). There is NO remove option in the .cim acct and for the correct .com acct it only allows me to add Microsaoft apps.

That also prevents me from ok other non Microsoft apps from loading.

How can I fix my mistake?

Thanks Dennis

:)

dennismn, Dec 13, 2019

2. How do I remove a wrong sent email address from drop-down list?

I once sent an email to a wrong address. Ever since that the wrong address exists in the suggestion list whenever I write a new email. Like this:

I wanted send an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

However the first time I typed *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and didn't find the fault until the system told me email sent failed.

then everytime I want to send to john, the wrong address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the time I type "j" in the "to:" position

Is there a way I can remove that wrong address? It is quite annoying.

Thanks!

Vane.Zhengliu, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Email accts

I purchased a new computer, set up micosoft acct..... For some reason, i ended up doing this again. When I put in the email address, I typed it wrong!!!! So was waiting for a verification code. Which I wont get cause of the wrong address.. Then when
    I put in my correct address to find I do have an acct. Which is good...So now when I try opening accounts in the settings tab....The email address that is wrong keeps coming up........Then if you go to the bottom of that page , click on the windows icon.......it
    opens up my good email acct..

Now i keep having a notification to finish setting up windows acct. ( which is the wrong one)..... I really need to get this off my system.\

DoreenRochford, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

1. sent up a wrong email address acct in windows 10 on a new PC - Similar Threads - sent wrong email

2. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  3. Emails not being sent to gmail addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails not being sent to gmail addresses: I have been using Windows 11 mail with no problem for months. All of a sudden any email I send from my work email accounts names.co.uk to a gmail address is returned with the following;host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.102.1.27] SMTP error from remote mail server after...
  4. Emails not being sent to gmail addresses

Emails not being sent to gmail addresses: I have been using Windows 11 mail with no problem for months. All of a sudden any email I send from my work email accounts names.co.uk to a gmail address is returned with the following;host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.102.1.27] SMTP error from remote mail server after...
  5. Wrong email address for signing in

Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  6. email sent to gmail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    email sent to gmail address: I keep keep getting "DELIVERY HAS FAILED TO THESE RECIPIENTS OR GROUPS" for an email I am sending to gmail account. I KNOW it is the correct address. Please help. thank you...
  7. sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder

sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder: sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder. please fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email/1463c6d1-86fb-4a9e-9eb8-b0b50eaf2937
  8. Wrong Email Address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong Email Address: M/Soft is telling me I need a fix to the system. When I try to accept it, M/Soft tells me they sent an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. There is no such email address or company that I know of. I need M/Soft to use the correct email address. Please help....
  9. Lenovo notification sent to wrong email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo notification sent to wrong email: same as subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-notification-sent-to-wrong-email/cc97b356-7635-4ea4-8b79-8d16eefee652"
  10. Wrong email address

Wrong email address: I restored my computer programs and when setting starting windows I made a mistake with my email address which actually belongs to someone else. When starting my computer I apparently have the wrong pin number and password. While tryin trying to recover them they send the...