Windows 10: Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares

Discus and support Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm recently cannot see my stuff because of the words and buttons become squares or blocked as shown in the picture below. Can anyone help me solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlifRamli, Jan 25, 2019.

1. AlifRamli Win User

Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares

Hi, I'm recently cannot see my stuff because of the words and buttons become squares or blocked as shown in the picture below. Can anyone help me solve this?

Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares 57553491-31a4-4601-aeec-04e75e01c409?upload=true.jpg Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares 1e5847c9-3a1a-431c-be9d-816eeab48e2e?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlifRamli, Jan 25, 2019

2. Square instead Number And Button Icon!

It is possible that the Groove Music app adapts to the system fonts that's why the numeric keys are not showing as well. We suggest that you restore the default font settings by following the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel window.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Click on Fonts and Font Settings.
    • From there, you will see the Restore default font settings button.

Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares 233dd233-835b-4fed-8f64-5988fcac5b16.png

Once you are done, give us an update so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 25, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares

1. Sentences, fonts and buttons become blanked squares - Similar Threads - Sentences fonts buttons

2. All fonts display as squares in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All fonts display as squares in OneNote: For quite some time now I have had an issue with OneNote. It seems to happen completely randomly, I have found no trigger, the problem just appears some days and can go away in the middle of the day without a reboot or reinstallation/repair. It may also persist for days, I...
  3. All fonts display as squares in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All fonts display as squares in OneNote: For quite some time now I have had an issue with OneNote. It seems to happen completely randomly, I have found no trigger, the problem just appears some days and can go away in the middle of the day without a reboot or reinstallation/repair. It may also persist for days, I...
  4. Blank buttons

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Blank buttons: Can Microsoft please put text on these buttons? Or an icon? Or literally anything that marks it for the function that is has?This happens for more buttons than just this one. But this particular button is blank on every single app.I'd like to know how this could've possibly...
  5. Blank buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank buttons: Can Microsoft please put text on these buttons? Or an icon? Or literally anything that marks it for the function that is has?This happens for more buttons than just this one. But this particular button is blank on every single app.I'd like to know how this could've possibly...
  6. Blank buttons

7. microsoft photo - why photo becomes square?

microsoft photo - why photo becomes square?: Hi,When double click to open a jpeg photo file, it shows original which is16X9 ratio 4608 X 2592 for millisecond and the photo becomes square. I can open same photo with other apps correctly. This is so annoying when I have to quickly check hundreds of photos by a trail...
  8. Windows 10 messed up icons/blank squares after trying to change the font.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 messed up icons/blank squares after trying to change the font.: Hello, I changed the default font of Windows 10 1-2 months ago, when I restarted the clock icon was messed up, and a lot of the icons showed up as blank squares. I've restored some of the fonts but, some of the icons still appear as blank squares. From that time I've been...
  9. Circular buttons turned to squares

in Windows 10 Customization
    Circular buttons turned to squares: In some apps on my Dell Inspiron 5775, the normally circular buttons have become squares. They have been flickering and annoying and I am wondering what i can do to fix it [IMG][IMG] That is Xbox Game Bar and Netflix with the glitched square buttons...
  10. Desktop icons with blank square

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with blank square: Installed W10 8 days ago Today after a restart some of my desktop icons have a white square in front of them I made the view on large icons , normaly i use smal then only the white square is showing I tryed an icon-cache-rebuild without success Solved by restoring a...