Windows 10: sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop

Discus and support sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by legend.6591, Sep 14, 2019.

1. sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop

sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop

:)

legend.6591, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop - Similar Threads - sep 2019 update

2. Windows Start button randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start button randomly stops working: So whenever I click on the Start menu it doesn't open, my cursor will show a 'working in background' for about half a second. Also whenever I click Ctrl + I for the settings, it automatically closes itself out. I can open Task Manager with no issues though. P.S This happened...
  3. Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia driver update causes start button to not work.: As the title says. since near the end of 2019 whenever i do a driver update for GPU (nvidia) my start menu button freezes. to fix that i have to restart the pc and then the problem returns when i do another driver update after some weeks/Month. Please help. submitted by...
  4. Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.: Hi, Windows update just wiped all my files. It ugraded the OS and it kept my apps - but its removed everything else, and reset all my settings back to defaults. I saw something saying old documents were in Windows.old, but that userprofile is empty too. Where is my stuff?...
  5. BSOD with multiple stopcodes after Windows 10 update Sep 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD with multiple stopcodes after Windows 10 update Sep 2019: The issues started happening after Monday night - PC worked fine all Monday and when I came home in the afternoon on Tuesday, it was to the first BSOD. I attempted several fixes from this article: https://windows101tricks.com/windows-10-blue-screen-of-death/ I have been...
  6. No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update: So, I just installed the Windows 10 April 2019 update, and the first thing that I immediately noticed was that the Sleep button is no longer available on the Start menu. Here's a photo to give you an idea of what I see: [IMG] I've tried searching for what happened, but...
  7. What causes malfunctioning Start Menu Button in Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    What causes malfunctioning Start Menu Button in Windows?: This has been an ongoing problem in nearly every fresh install of Windows 10 and nearly every major update of the OS. The Start Menu Button will do nothing when clicked (both right-click and left-click). It fails to display the Start Menu. What causes this error? I'm...
  8. Start button stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button stopped working: I made some changes to my network settings in an attempt to determine what was preventing my desktop system from sleeping. I was restarting my system after each change, and now my Start button has stopped working. Microsoft Edge crashed immediately when opened one time prior...
  9. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...
  10. start button stopped worrking

in Windows 10 Support
    start button stopped worrking: The button in the Iower left corner, I think it's called the start button. When I click on it, nothing happens. What can I do? 45460

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2010 update cause unwanted sign in to temp file Sep 2019