Windows 10: Separate account on computer affecting first account

Discus and support Separate account on computer affecting first account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Changes made in one account, such as taskbar position & locking, speaker & headset settings, and apps & the virtual machine auto activation change in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jacobcarter9, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Separate account on computer affecting first account

Changes made in one account, such as taskbar position & locking, speaker & headset settings, and apps & the virtual machine auto activation change in the other account. How do I prevent the two non-linked accounts from affecting each other?

:)

Jacobcarter9, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Separate account on computer affecting first account :(

Zakin, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 24, 2021
  4. alvez Win User

Separate account on computer affecting first account

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Separate account on computer affecting first account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Separate account on computer affecting first account

1. Separate account on computer affecting first account - Similar Threads - Separate account computer

2. User Account affectiveness

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account affectiveness: I am using a live production program with Window 10 pro. Problem: If I use original accountcreated an account while install window10 pro, program runs very smooth. However, after switch to other user account the program is runs differentBad. It uses more CPU then the...
  3. Sharing apps family account separate computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sharing apps family account separate computers: Hi, Looking for how to share apps with my children. I have bought a game Minecraft for Windows 10 from my Microsoft Account. My children have their own computers with their own microsoft accounts. Their accouts is linked to mine through Microsoft Family. I find their...
  4. trying to separate accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to separate accounts: So, I am trying to create a second user account on my computer so I can have different settings and generally have a few things separated out, and just avoid cluttering up my personal and programming (currently only a hobbyist programmer, so not that good, probably why I am...
  5. separating emails and accounts

separating emails and accounts: I just got finally got my laptop all set up with Windows 10, "under duress" by the way because I actually have no issues with Windows 7, and it seems there's constant issues so far with this OS. Regardless, I am having a major issue that I need fixed. Upon setting up this...
  6. Separating Accounts On The Same Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separating Accounts On The Same Computer: So I have a desktop and I'm trying to set it up for both me and my mom to use it so I created her a local account. The problem that I'm having is every time I install a program or change a setting or add a file it automatically does the same on her account. So how do I...
  7. Separate user accounts

Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  8. Separate microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Separate microsoft accounts?: I run a desktop pc and two laptops. Each has a legal, registered copy of windows 10. Do I need a separate Microsoft account for each machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-microsoft-accounts/3c4ec76b-4a44-44db-b55d-cf5e10258b93"
  9. deleting first microsoft account on a computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleting first microsoft account on a computer?: Just got a new computer, made a typo in my Microsoft account email, and have verified the email in order to correct it, however I can not remove the account from my computer. How do I get rid of it? (I should meantion I have already signed in to the correct one, I just want...
  10. Many Separate Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Many Separate Accounts: I have four accounts now with Microsoft due to the exaggerated and entirely useless security features of the 'forgot password' dialogue (it literally asks you for your password, then for information that it doesn't actually want, no matter how much you enter it returns: 'not...