Windows 10: Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere

Discus and support Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was overclocking my GPU, went a little too far and the PC crashed. Got it back to a stable point and put out all of the digital fires when I realised... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThePurpleSoul70, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere

I was overclocking my GPU, went a little too far and the PC crashed. Got it back to a stable point and put out all of the digital fires when I realised that a second User account had appeared. PC took away all of my Admin rights (I'm the only User, other than this) and gave them to this new one.

Can I just delete the Administrator? Will that transfer Admin rights back to me?

Edit for detail: Settings > Accounts still says I'm the Administrator, doesn't acknowledge the new account. There also isn't a new User folder in C:\Users.

submitted by /u/ThePurpleSoul70
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThePurpleSoul70, Aug 4, 2020

2. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 4, 2020
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Aug 4, 2020
  4. ZOE
    Zoe Win User

Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere

New F drive appearing out of nowhere?

Just today, a new drive appeared out of nowhere: F

F is not USB, not disk and not the normal integrated drive(which is currently C and D).

When trying to open, it requests admin access. Upon granted access, it still denies with this error:

Running a virus scan that lists the files while it runs, some files include microsoft and MSI boot files

What is this drive? Why did it suddenly appear now?

Image: The F drive + disk management.

Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere 8aeNL.png

Thema:

Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere

1. Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere - Similar Threads - Separate Admin account

2. Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere: Hello,So everything was fine with my PC until today. This morning I found out that the logo in the lower right side of my screen with prompt to activate windows has appeared. When I go to the Activation page in Settings there’s an error message stating:“We can’t activate...
  3. Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere: Hello,So everything was fine with my PC until today. This morning I found out that the logo in the lower right side of my screen with prompt to activate windows has appeared. When I go to the Activation page in Settings there’s an error message stating:“We can’t activate...
  4. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  5. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  6. Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere: I randomly started to have some family time limit, my parents did not make any changements and I’m old enough to leave the family which I did yet I still have screen time limits, this did not happen to other members, if II press the button asking a parent for some more time…....
  7. Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere

Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere: I randomly started to have some family time limit, my parents did not make any changements and I’m old enough to leave the family which I did yet I still have screen time limits, this did not happen to other members, if II press the button asking a parent for some more time…....
  8. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  9. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  10. Adminstrator account suddenly appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adminstrator account suddenly appeared out of nowhere: Hello, So recently, I bought this new laptop Lenovo Legion and it came with windows 10 preinstalled. As everyone does, I made an account when I first turned on the laptop, and now after 3 months of usage i suddenly saw this "Adminstrator account" and I cannot delete it for...