Windows 10: Separate Hard Drive

Discus and support Separate Hard Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My C Drive only has 100Gb free. Will I be able to install Microsoft Flight Sim data on the E drive where I have lots of space? Bryan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pluto Planet, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Separate Hard Drive

My C Drive only has 100Gb free. Will I be able to install Microsoft Flight Sim data on the E drive where I have lots of space?

Bryan

:)

Pluto Planet, Jul 16, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 16, 2020
  3. little cat, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Separate Hard Drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Separate Hard Drive

1. Separate Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Separate Hard Drive

2. BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives: Good Day. Can someone plz read my dump file for me, to see if they can help me figure why I have been getting constant BSOD on my PC. 4 different Hard Drives 2 of them New. 1 SSD All doing same thing. BSOD prevent me from even formatting the PC. It’s a Huananzhi x99 F8D with...
  3. BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives: Good Day. Can someone plz read my dump file for me, to see if they can help me figure why I have been getting constant BSOD on my PC. 4 different Hard Drives 2 of them New. 1 SSD All doing same thing. BSOD prevent me from even formatting the PC. It’s a Huananzhi x99 F8D with...
  4. Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.: I'm refurbishing an oldish HP mini PC for my daughter to use. I've already made the media creation tool and now, I want to install windows 10 pro on the hard drive that is going in the HP using my work computer. Reason being; I know it will need to download a ton of updates...
  5. Move event logs to a separate hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Move event logs to a separate hard drive?: Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to move the event logs to a separate drive in one swoop instead of changing each and every log 1 at a time? It seems like a symbolic link does the job but it still writes to the hard drive as well. Any ideas? 162684
  6. SEPARATE DRIVES

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SEPARATE DRIVES: Hello r/Windows10! My PC currently has 1 HDD running Windows 10. I would like to add another hard drive to encrypt private information. I would like the drive to be inaccessible by my current version of Windows and the drive should have its own OS that I can boot into from...
  7. OS on separate hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS on separate hard drive.: I want to have my Windows 10 PRO on a separate hard drive from everything on my PC. This would make it easy to organize my PC and I would never have to reinstall the OS again. The only problem I have is that some of the software and apps that I've installed on other hard...
  8. will win10 accept a separate hard drive with bootable win7 on it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    will win10 accept a separate hard drive with bootable win7 on it?: In the past few days, win10 seems to have serious issues with that win7 drive plugged into the sata port? So much so that I wiped the win10 partitions and did fresh install. Prior to the fresh install win10 refused to boot to the desktop if that other win7 drive was plugged...
  9. Running programs from separate hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running programs from separate hard drive: I have recently installed Windows 10 on a new SSD drive (C) I have two other drives which are not SSD one of which just contains saved data, photos, documents, downloads etc. (E) The other is blank which did contain Windows 7 (D) What I want to know is it possible to download...
  10. Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7: I installed Windows 10 on a separate hard drive in my computer to keep from messing up my Windows 7 installation. It appears windows 10 still makes changes to windows 7 even on a separate hard drive. See attached picture. I can not correct this using the system repair disk or...