Windows 10: Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

Discus and support Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Apparently after a recent update, I don't seem to be able to keep separate profiles for mouse and trackpad on my HP Spectre 360. Even though I'm a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gdgates, Mar 1, 2019.

1. gdgates Win User

Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

Apparently after a recent update, I don't seem to be able to keep separate profiles for mouse and trackpad on my HP Spectre 360. Even though I'm a lefty, I've always scrolled the trackpad with my right hand and used my left on the button. This is opposite of how I use the mouse (right button being primary). I used to be able to switch the mouse and leave the trackpad in the normal orientation, but no longer. Switching the mouse buttons automatically switches the trackpad too. It's irritating to have to switch the buttons every time I plug into or unplug from my USBC hub/monitor. I've attached a pic that similar to the old mouse setting screen that seems to have gone away, as well as what I currently see. Any suggestions?

Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible? [​IMG]

Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible? [​IMG]

:)

gdgates, Mar 1, 2019

2. Mouse in USB and trackpad not working

Hi Jonathan,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why trackpad or mouse in USB freezes when playing Minecraft. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, you may click the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Trackpad/Mouse Function

Hi,

Corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your mouse is not working properly when playing games. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with all of your games?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • When did the issue start?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Wilfred Mac, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

Mouse and trackpad will move, but not click

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with trackpad on Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-10

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.

• Then select troubleshooting.

• Click on hardware and sound option.

• Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the mouse drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Right-click on the mice, keyboard and game controllers
    and select Update Drivers.

c. Follow the prompted steps to complete updating the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

1. Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible? - Similar Threads - Separate profiles mouse

2. Mouse and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad not working: I recently just fixed my laptop and I discovered that the mouse is no longer working. I went to device manager and I couldn't find the mice and other pointing device setting. I tried to fix the I2C stuff, disabled and enabled it and tried to update it but nothing is working....
  3. Separating files with profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separating files with profiles: I will keep it short. I have photoshop and other software I use for work. Sometimes when I download a game or something new, it affects the performance of PS sometimes. I made a separate profile so that I have only games there. I still can access photoshop from my gaming...
  4. Separating files with profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separating files with profiles: I will keep it short. I have photoshop and other software I use for work. Sometimes when I download a game or something new, it affects the performance of PS sometimes. I made a separate profile so that I have only games there. I still can access photoshop from my gaming...
  5. Separating files with profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse?: Google was no help, as usual. The best results I got was to install drivers made for Windows 7. I don't think I want to try that. I don't know much about computers, but I imagine that's a bad idea. I recently got a new external mouse, and it's really sensitive. I could tap...
  7. Separate Headphone Profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Headphone Profiles: I (like many people) am working from home and I'm using my personal rig to do it. I've set up another account on the computer to keep most of the work-related stuff separated. The one issue I'm having is headphones. I have a set of USB headphones with a mic for work and a...
  8. Trackpad/mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad/mouse issues: Ok, so this all started after i factory reset my computer. On Windows 10, the settings have mouse settings, and relate to mouse settings, which would be great, but i have a trackpad, and not a mouse. This is a pain because i cant right click. Any fixes?...
  9. Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?: Apparently after a recent update, I don't seem to be able to keep separate profiles for mouse and trackpad on my HP Spectre 360. Even though I'm a lefty, I've always scrolled the trackpad with my right hand and used my left on the button. This is opposite of how I use the...
  10. laptop mouse trackpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop mouse trackpad: my left and right mouse button on my trackpad isn't working anymore it was working just fine a couple of hours ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-mouse-trackpad/65250aa7-c094-49e7-9e68-a1e1940c2a43