Windows 10: Separate screens per monitor

Discus and support Separate screens per monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed a second monitor successfully and Windows 10 has detected it. I want to run a different screen / programme on each screen. But when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonelPretorius, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Separate screens per monitor

I have installed a second monitor successfully and Windows 10 has detected it.

I want to run a different screen / programme on each screen. But when I click on the second screen, it opens a screen on my laptop instead of my external monitor.

Please advise.

:)

RonelPretorius, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Separate screens per monitor

Screen saver with dual monitors

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you upgraded the graphics card?

• Do you have any other issues except the screensaver issue on second monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the below link to update the graphics card drivers and update the drivers for second monitor.

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

After performing the above steps, try to set the screen saver and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer:
    Connect a second monitor or projector

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Separate screens per monitor

1. Separate screens per monitor - Similar Threads - Separate screens per

2. Windows 10 Pro Update Removed Separate Background Per Monitor Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Update Removed Separate Background Per Monitor Support: Anyone else noticed that the latest Windows 10 update 2004 [Build 19041.508] seems to have removed the ability to have a different background wallpaper on each connected monitor? Is that a bug that is being fixed or did the functionality get moved somewhere else?...
  3. Per monitor sleep setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Per monitor sleep setting: Is there a way to configure sleep settings per monitor. One monitor is my actual monitor, the extended 'monitor' is an hdmi cable to my receiver for sound only. When my display goes to sleep, the sound cuts out too (so no Spotify in the background for instance). Would be...
  4. Separate screens

Separate screens: I have somehow duplicated my desktop screens after removing the old screens and attaching two brand-new screens. But now whatever I type appears on both screens. However, I would like to drag screen information from 1 to stay on 2, but it will not let me. I have checked...
  5. Dual monitor separate wallpapers

Dual monitor separate wallpapers: I am trying to get different wallpapers on both of my monitors however when i right click the images in settings 3 options come up, one saying set for all monitors, and the other two say set for monitor 2, there is no set for monitor 1 option in the list....
  6. Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?: The display settings provide setting scaling options individually per monitor. There's also an advanced setting option that provides a Custom Scaling option where you can enter a value between 100-500. In my current setup the laptop monitor (1920x1080) scaling is set to 100...
  7. Can't separate monitor from laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't separate monitor from laptop screen: I have a monitor plugged into my laptop. I want to see the screen on the monitor, but not on the laptop, when they are connected. This was never a problem previously, but suddenly both screens are now "lit" and I can't find the setting to separate them. When I go to...
  8. Seperate screens per monitor

Seperate screens per monitor: I have installed a second monitor successfully and Windows 10 has detected it. I want to run a different screen / programme on each screen. But when I click on the second screen, it opens a screen on my laptop instead of my external monitor. Please advise....
  9. Per-monitor sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Per-monitor sleep settings: I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular monitor/HDMI connection to never sleep? I want to keep power saving settings on my display, but not lose sound when it goes to...
  10. What profile for separate monitor?

What profile for separate monitor?: Added HP 25f monitor for my laptop. What profile should I use for my default in Color Management? The laptop or the new monitor? Also in the advanced tab, what profile should I use? This is on Win 10. Thank You...